T w o

The beach isn't as crowded as before anymore. The sun is slowly setting, which means I am wandering around the beach. I love the sunset, but I love the sunrise even more. The sunrise reminds me of new beginnings and new chances. Whenever I watch the sunrise, I feel refreshed and strong enough to get through the day at least.

My feet digs in the wet sand lightly. The breeze makes the humid air bearable. The smell of the ocean clears my mind from every worry I can possibly have. My muscles relax at the feeling of finally being myself.

I run a hand through my hair as I stop to look at the sea. It is calm and reserved now, little waves toppling over the other. The sound of the waves crashing is relaxing and soothing. My eyes are fixed on the horizon, which seems to never end.

This moment feels infinite. It feels like I am suck into a moment which doesn't have a time. It just simply exists and sometimes that can be really beautiful. Sometimes, just existing, is more than enough. You are connected yet so distant from the world. I think that is not something to be ashamed of. I think that feeling is powerful.

The sun slowly sinks into the horizon. It gives the sky all kinds of colors, making everything feel magical and surreal. Life is surreal at moments. It makes you want to feel so many things and nothing at all at the same time sometimes.

I have always been scared of missing out on life, scared of not living life to the fullest. It is the reason I get up early to watch the sunrise. It is the reason I stay till the sunsets. I want to live it all. I want to feel it all. I want to experience it all and I am scared I am going to miss out on the beautiful things.

A figure moving catches my attention and I turn my head to see someone sitting down in the sand. He is sitting a couple meters away from me and his hood is pulled open, covering his face a lot. However I still recognize his face and I smile a little before walking over to the boy. Only now it is visible he wears earphones, listening to music most likely.

"Hi" I greet him as I stand a little ways away from him. He glances up at me before flickering his gaze towards the horizon again. I frown a little and shuffle my feet a little, not giving up. "Do you mind if I sit down?" I question.

He doesn't reply, so I take that as my cue to sit down next to him. I cross my legs underneath me and place my hands on the lower parts of my legs. I glance back at him to see him looking at me out of the corners of his eye. As he sees I catch him staring, he focuses on the horizon again.

"You're the boy from the hotel, aren't you? I am that girl with the two parents and two little girls. You're the one with the two parents and girl, right?" I question. My gaze is fixed on him, but he doesn't look back at me. He just nods his head in answer, hearing me through his music, and I wonder what is going on with him.

"I am Blythe" I grin extending my hand. This time he does turn his head towards me and looks down at my hand before looking back up in my eyes. His eyes are light, but I can't be sure whether they are blue or grey. Maybe it is mix of the both of them.

"Noah" he mumbles. He gives me a tight smile, but he doesn't shake my hand. I drop my hand back to my leg and stare at the ocean, watching the colors in the sky chance.

"It is beautiful, right?" I say glancing at him for a second. A bright smile is placed on my lips before I look up at the dark orange, yellow sky. "The colors changing is like telling us everything changes. It can change to dark colors for a while, not seeing much, but then the light will shine through and it will be light and bright colors. It gives us another try."

He doesn't say anything. He doesn't even look up at me. He just keeps staring at the horizon like that is more important. He doesn't have to look at me, but he takes one earbud out of his ear. It will just be nice if he replies to me, sharing me his thoughts about the colors in the sky and the sunset.