T e n

Time passes by quicker than anyone ever likes. Sometimes it is a good thing though, especially when you're in situations you don't want to be in – except then the time doesn't go fast. Other times it is just really annoying and things are over way too quickly.

You make plans. You are looking forward to them, waiting a long time to get there. Then when the plans can finally be full-filled and achieved, it is over before you know it. Or when you meet someone and fall in love with them, spending your entire summer with them. It is over before you know it, the summer and luckily not the relationship.

It is only a week left till I leave and go back home. It is only four days till Noah leaves and goes back home. These past two months have been absolutely amazing. Getting to know him has been nothing like I can even think of. It was comforting and full of laughter. It has felt like I knew him for years and he has just come up and talk about all the things he loves and what he thinks about things all over again.

Throughout the past five weeks of dating I have fallen for him deeply and quickly. In the beginning it scared me, not really knowing what to do with my emotions. I don't know if he has ever noticed it and if he did, he hadn't said anything about it. Finally, that morning when we also made love for the first time, I have told him I love him. When those words fell from his lips, directed to me, I couldn't feel any happier.

I have felt infinite this summer, like nothing could ever end. However all things end and so does this summer. I don't want to say goodbye to Noah. I don't want to leave him and I am scared what will happen when we are apart from each other, lots and lots of miles between us. I don't want to lose him.

We have only four days left and I know we should make the best out of these four days, but that is difficult with my mindset at the moment. I am too deep in my thoughts and negativity that it seems impossible to get out of that.

"Blythe?" a voice questions, breaking me away from my thoughts. I glance up and see Noah walk up to me. A worried glint shimmers in his eyes yet there is a small smile placed on his lips. He sits down next to me and wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me into him.

I lean my head on his shoulder and a sigh escapes my lips. He brushes my hair away from my face as he presses a light kiss to the top of my head. I feel his eyes on me, but I don't react to it as I keep staring at the horizon.

"What's wrong, pretty girl?" he asks me quietly. I bite down on my lip and direct my gaze to my hands, playing with my fingers.

"I don't want this summer to end" I admit. He sighs a little and pushes me away, cupping my face in his hands gently. When our eyes meet, he smiles at me softly while I just stare at him.

"Not much will change when we go home, baby" he assures me.

"But things will change" I argue back.

"Things will change, but you know what doesn't change?" he asks me quietly. I shake my head and bite down on my lip, shyly. He smiles at me and places a soft kiss on my lips. My eyes close at the contact and I reach up with my hands to wrap them around his neck. He pulls away way too soon, looking at me. "What I feel for you. That will never change."

I smile a little before glancing at the horizon again. He guides my face back to meet his gaze and he nuzzles his nose against mine, making me smile and close my eyes to savor the moment. "You promise?" I whisper.

"I promise, Blythe. I love you so much, and nobody and nothing can change that" he whispers.

"I love you too. More than I've ever loved anything" I reply, opening my eyes to look at him. He smiles back at me and drops his hands from my face before taking my hands. He plays with them for a second before he intertwines our hands.