S e v e n

It has been two weeks since I have told him my story, since I have broken down. It feels good to have him know the real me, it feels more freeing. He hasn't judged me, only asking a couple questions before telling me about his past.

His girlfriend cheated on him with his best friend, breaking up with him in the process. To deal with the pain, he numbed himself with alcohol and drank till he couldn't remember anything the next day. He has told me he regrets that and he hates his ex-girlfriend still has some kind of influence on him.

His parents aren't much of a help either as they expect him to be perfect: perfect grades, perfect life. It has made him insecure and his self-esteem is low, too, as he feels the pressure of having to be good enough for everything.

That conversation have made me open up my eyes and see we are much more alike than I have ever thought we would have. I like that, because throughout the weeks I have grown some kind of feelings towards him.

Spending time with him means a lot to me and he makes me happy, happier I've felt since a long time. In this short period of knowing him I've got badly attached to his presence. It will hurt so much when he - or I when I go home earlier - has to leave.

The sight of him puts me in a happier mood. Whenever he smiles, I smile and my heart races in my chest. Whenever he holds my hand and squeezes it a little, my heart skips a beat. His eyes are mesmerizing and hypnotizing, making me feel everything is alright or will be alright. Even seeing his name appear on my phone makes me smile like a fool.

"Hey, daydreamer" Noah laughs as he waves his hand in front of my face. I blink a couple of times before focusing my gaze on him. A small smile spreads across my lips as I stare into his bright eyes.

"What?" I question, tugging my hair behind my ears. A small blush appears on my cheeks, but I ignore it as much as possible.

"I asked if you are ready to go" he smiles. I smile back and look down into my mug, holding up a finger.

"One moment please" I mumble before draining the last of my coffee. His eyes are resting on me, a gentle gaze. I give him a smile as I place my mug down wiping my mouth.

"Ready now?" he asks. I nod my head and we both got up. I grab my bag, slinging it over my shoulder as he walks up to the counter. I follow behind him as he grabs his card.

"Noah, let me pay. You've paid yesterday" I say.

"It's fine. Don't worry, Blythe" he replies as he pays. I roll my eyes and shake my head a little, smiling at the same time.

"Thank you. Have a great day, you two" the woman behind the counter says.

"Thank you! Same goes for you" I grin. Noah puts his card back in his purse before grinning up at her. He places his hand on the small of my back and urges me out of the restaurant calling goodbye.

"Your purse in my bag again?" I question as I already reach forward to grab his purse.

"Uh, yeah, thanks" he says handing me his purse. I take it and put it in my bag, zipping it shut. He takes my hand and pulls me along the street as we continue our journey.

"So where we going now? Wanna go to the beach?" I suggest looking up at him. He looks down at me and nods his head with a bright smile.

"Yeah, sure. We are heading that way and we still have some hours to kill before dinner" he says.

"True and it feels like forever when we were at the beach" I sigh. I spread my fingers and slide them between his, intertwining our fingers.

"We were there this morning" he laughs.