Teens rant on Crushes and elders reaction to them

We teenagers all have had crushes, that girl that we think is cute, that boy that makes the butterflies flutter their wings in our bellies. Those people that we meet that makes us stammer and forget words when talking to them, or we do stupid things and embarrass ourselves ️😐😐😕

There are two type of crushes, identity crushes and romantic crushes.

In both cases, the teenager feels smitten by a compelling person 🌚 who catches their attention. A third kind is the celebrity crush that shapes ideas and stirs fantasies in our head. (Like me and Harry Styles, you don't want to know the things we have done in my head 🌚)
There is a great outbreak of romantic crushes and gossip about them

"Guess who likes who?" 💁

Early adolescence and the separation from childhood has caused young people to want to act more grown up, and sexual maturity from puberty has motivated them to act in more young manly and womanly ways that they shouldn't (Yes, I mean sex, or something close to sex).

Since girls tend to enter puberty before boys 💪😌, they are more likely to experience the wave of crushes first, more drawn to boys than boys are to them. Taking their romantic feelings seriously for boys who treat them lightly or laughable 🙍💔

However, the time for same-age boys to become romantically smitten is not far off, and when it arrives, they find crush prices to be no laughing matter when they become smitten too 😌 Ha!

Particularly during the middle-school years, teenage crushes can be of the attraction (romantic) kind and of the admiration (identity) kind. In both cases growth is advanced by this influential experience, most often for the good, but sometimes not.

A hard part of crushes is when they are not returned, as is often the case. The chosen person is not aware or not interested.

Cases of

"She doesn't know I exist!" 😟😟

"He doesn't even notice me!!" 😞😞

Anyways, the disappointment is real. It's funny how the elder ones look at teenage crushes as a childish plaything, or they just discount it and look the other way.

I once told my aunty about my crush and she laughed at me 😒

"Why?" I asked.

"You are still a small girl Chidimma, you don't understand your feelings." 😐😐

But I did understand my feelings, they were mine and they were real. But well, "she is just a small girl what does she know?"

Here is what our fellow teens shared on this topic.

Cherry: This hasn't happened to me

Meexmy: Never happened to me

Amba: It has happened to me

This was the reaction, some of them had in the first paragraph, but let's go further.

Amba: It's annoying really.. too me it is. Almost all my crushes are one sided🌚

I am sure this is the situation most times.

Rita: Well, when I was 10, I know I was already having crushes on boys, but sitting here, years later, I am asking what a 10 year old girl even know about crushes.