Chapter 1

(Niola's POV)

... few months before....

"Omoniola, Omoniola, Omoniola  o"   that is the voice of my elder sister

" ohhhhhhh oooo, ah, can't someone sleep in peace in this house"   I wondered as I stood up from my bed to go answer my elder sister downstairs.

Let me introduce myself,   "I am Omoniola Alex, I am a 14-year old teenager. I have been through a lot but that is a story for another page. I just finished my Junior Secondary School exams and I am on a 4-month break (my school writes only the Federal exams). I am the third child of six children. My eldest sister is currently serving the country (Kano to be precise), my elder sister is currently in her 2nd year in the University, my younger sister is in Jss 1, my youngest sister is in Primary 3. While, the baby of the house, the only son of the family is in the kindergarten class 2.

Well, that is all about my family tree for now.

"Omoniola, Omoni"

"Yes, I am coming"   I stood up angrily to go and answer her. 

That was Adeiyi, my immediate elder sister. ASUU decided it was time for them to show their ugly face by giving them a 5-month strike. Iyi used to be my roommate and gist partner before she went to school. She came back after her first semester in the university and decided to move out to "her personal room because she needs her space".

"Be dragging your feet o. Anyways, help me with the remote"   if I had a pale skin, I would have turned red with anger.

"Wait, WHAT!!!"

"What happened na, pass me the remote on the table"   she said without removing her eyes from the phone it was glued to.

"Calm down, you called me all the way downstairs to pass you a remote directly in front of you"   I was so pissed right now.

"Ehn na, did I do anything wrong ni? Shey I can not send my younger sister work again ni?"   She asked.

I hissed and walked out of her presence before I did something we will both regret.

"Omoniola, Omoni, Niola, Ola,..."   She called after while laughing    "...better come back, I have gist".

GIST, the word does things to me. I hurried back down the stairs when I heard the word. Well that's another thing about me. I sooooo love gists. Gist is bae, gist is life.

"Oya, what is the gist?"   I don't understand why she started laughing cause ko ye mi o.

"I am serious, if you made me come back in vain ehn, what I will do to you".    I smiled at myself because I can be VERY wicked.

"I have heard, pass the remote first".    I stood up to give it to her.

What she did next really surprised me, she switched the TV off. I am surprised because her favorite show was on. This is a show that she could kill for if she doesn't watch it.

"Niola"   she is the only one allowed to call me that.

"Yes, what is the gist about na? I am tired of all this nonsense suspense o"

" Niola"

" Iyi"

You must be wondering why I didn't address her with ' Sister or Aunty'. We don't like that in our family. I call my eldest sister by name also. Let's leave that for now.

I turned to look at Iyi, she was still engrossed with her phone. I am getting infuriated already. I attempted to snatch her phone but she was faster.

"Babe, calm down na. Let me finish reading this book, it remains 2 chapters".

" Iyi, is there gist or not?"   I said still standing.

" Better sit down, if you go I won't call you"

I had no choice but to wait. I switched on the television to watch the show.

***************************************

Ko ye mi -- I don't understand

🦋

Who else has an annoying older  sibling  like Iyi?

Drop your experience with them in the comment section🙈, let's laugh small.
Please don't forget to vote.

🦋