Chapter 3

(Niola's POV)

... Few months before ....

It has been almost an hour since Iyi kept me waiting because of  'GIST'. This is not funny again. I turned to look at her, only to find out she has her headset on. On a closer look, Iyi is using me to video call.

Anger is a big understatement if it were to be used to express my current emotion. I moved towards her, ready to attack, then 'Gbam'. I snatched her phone and ran.

"Niola, Niola, Can't you see I am video calling, what is  the meaning of this? Let me just catch you"    she was fuming and ranting.

Mehn, I feel so good. Two can play the game.

"Hello o, Niola"

Oh shit, I didn't end the call. I am not in the mood for having an conversation so I disconnected the call and went back downstairs.

"Adeiyi, my love, I am so sorry."    I got no response.

"I said I am sorry na, oya take your phone"

"Ojebi".    she stretched forth her hand to collect her phone but I was faster in retrieving my hand.

"Give me my gist and I will give you back your phone"

"Niola, what is your problem this afternoon?"

" You want to know my problem abi?"

" Yes, what is it? Kilode?"

" My problem is you called me downstairs to pass you a remote that is directly in front of you. Secondly, you promised me gist."

" Iranu, so it is because of that you are acting like a mad woman"   she said amidst laughter.

" I am  not done o."

" I am sorry ma, continue"   

" Good. Now listen,  I was sleeping when you called me. You fucking interrupted my nice afternoon beauty sleep and you even had the audacity to keep me waiting for hours ".    I yelled at her.

" See, that is your business"    she laughed.

" You are sad, I hate you, go back to your school".   I whined. I was on my way to the stairs when I heard
" Vee is preggie".  

I stopped abruptly. I ran back to meet her.
Whew, because of Iyi I have been doing more of running than walking today. She stresses me but that's not the deal right now.

" What did you say?"      I asked to make sure I heard the right thing

"Shebi, you are vexing. Be going shiooor".    

I hate when Iyi does that. It is very annoying. First, she deprived me of my sleep, kept me waiting for hours, made me run more than I would. Now, she is giving me one nonsense attitude. I can exchange her for a sachet water. I am joking by the way. I can't exchange her for anything, I will just die ni.

Back to the main deal, Vee. Vee is Iyi's roommate back in school. Every school break my sister has, is always loaded with gists about Vee and her escapades.

"I am sorry now. You know I love you and you do also." I begged her

" I said Vee is PREGNANT"

" Oh my chest. Wawu. Well, I am not surprised though. It was expected since she joined the Virgin at home, wife in school gang.".    Iyi smirked but I wasn't done.

" Of all boys, it is now that ugly, broke nonentity"

"Niola, someone you haven't met before ni ugly, broke nonentity".

" Leave that one alone jhur, did he accept paternity of the pregnancy"

" Nope"

Is that one not a nonentity? This guy really used Vee. From what my sister tells me, Vee will cook for him, cook for his friends, do his laundry, gives him money, run errands for him like a slave. Guess what?, THE IDIOT DOESN'T EVEN GIVE HER A DIME. Lilian will borrow money, borrow foodstuffs, borrow detergents just to satisfy this guy. Like which girl does that for someone they are not married to?? Well, Vee does it.

"This is very sad. What did her parents say? That's how she has soiled her parents name. Omo Pastor, for that matter. "

" Well, her parents rented an apartment for her. Her mother is staying with her. They told her not to come home at all. Their Church administration and even the congregation must not find out. You know how her mother is na? "

" Hmmm, what can we say? It's a pity. May God give her strength o "

" That's not even the reason I called you for sef."

" There is another gist"

" Yep, that one is jara."

" Osheyyy, gist reloaded"

" Mumu, shebi you were vexing before"

" I am sorry na".

****************************************

🦋

Another chapter

🦋