Chapter 4

(Oba's POV)

...few months before...

  I got to Nigeria 3 years ago. Living with Aunty T.Y and her family has not been bad as I earlier anticipated. In fact, it is has been blissful.

Her husband, like my dad is always not around. Her husband is one of their top engineers at Chevron. From what Ise told me, he is on his way to becoming one of their directors in his next promotion.

Aunty T.Y owns a very big supermarket on the island with two branches located in the mainland of Lagos.
She gave birth to 3 boys. Ireoluwa, the father figure and eldest son. Iseoluwa, my bestie. Omolola (AKA Taiwo), the last born. I wonder why he was called Taiwo, because I don't recall my mom ever mentioned Aunty T.Y fourth child. I got my answer later but that is a story for another page.

Lola, Ise and I went to celebrate Lola's JAMB result. 345 was a score worth celebrating. Despite, the fact that they are so wealthy ( you won't even know they are except if you are close to them) , they were brought up well. Lola is the Whizz kid of the family. At 14, he is already in Ss 3 and will be graduating this July. Ise ( the bad boy of the family) and I are in our second year in Unilag. We are currently enjoying one of the numerous 'ASUU's' blessings. Brother Ire is currently serving the country. That's all for now.

Wait, you may be wondering why I and Ise are not attending either Covenant, Babcock, Bowen or AbuAd. Well, our parents, meaning both of them said "in order to be a well groomed successful man, you have to learn how to interact with people from various Calibre and that can only be done if you attend a Federal University."

" Oba, Oba"   Ise called out

" I am sorry, I wasn't concentrating"

Well, thank God Ise was looking out because I just passed the Estate gate. I reversed the car and entered the estate. We live on the island. Lekki to be precise.

"Thinking about the hot babe in black that was showing you everything right?".  Ise asked with a knowing wink. 

"No, no jhur. It can't be that one. She smells worse than rotten egg."   Lola spoke.

We all laughed.

" Guys, I wasn't thinking about any girl o"

"Naso, that's what they will say".   Lola said.

" Abi na"   Ise added his mouth.

" Believe what you want to. Iseoluwa, everyone is not a Casanova like you. Lola, because we carried you out, you are acting like one bad guy abi, it is not your fault. Two idiots"   I replied them.

" Lola, e pain am. E pain my guy" they were both laughing at my situation.

"I hate you guys".

I pressed hard on the accelerator suddenly and they both hit their head on the window. Now it's my turn to laugh.

"Dude, what was that?"

"That was what is called ' Revenge '."

" Sha concentrate and don't get us killed. I still get WAEC wey I wan write"

" Oba, we need to stop Lola from hanging out with us ASAP."    Ise said

" Before nko, he will soon land us into trouble."    I said as I drove into our compound.

We alighted from the car, only to find Aunty T.Y and some people (I guess her workers) sitting outside discussing income and profits. She excused herself from their midst and approached us. We prostrated to greet her.

"You guys came back early" she said as she gave us all her motherly hug.

"Yes mum, the party was getting wild" Ise answered.

" Awwwwn, my boys are becoming gentlemen".

"Yes"

We chorused with an evil smirk on our faces. We can't tell her we had our share of fun else we will be digging our grave with our hands.

"Go freshen up. Dinner is by 7pm" she instructed us.

" Okay mum."

****************************************

🦋

Heyyyy,

Thank you for voting and sharing. I really appreciate

🦋