cut my hair - kinda angst also some fluff

Often, I am upset. I'm not sure why, but it happens usually when I'm alone in a silent place and I'm left alone with my thoughts. I haven't been able to look at Akko. Which is weird because.. I kind of like looking at her. I don't– I just don't know what's going on. I feel so strange. I feel so lost. I don't feel like myself.

I'm afraid of something, something odd. It's not something most people are afraid of. It's not a spider. It's not a  clown. It's not heights. It's love. I'm afraid of love. I don't know why I'm afraid of love. But I have known this fear for a while, but I have never felt it until now.

I've known that I cannot fall in love due to this fear. But I guess, this avoids the stress of falling out it.

I wonder if she's tired of me yet. Why wouldn't she be? I have been cruel and cold to her ever since she arrived to Luna Nova until she saved my life. She saved my ljfe..

I'm little sick right now. Every time I look at her I feel sick, something in my stomache churns and my face feels hot, and I can't speak. Those big, beautiful, maroon eyes just.. hypnotize me.

But I swear. I swear to Akko, that when I'm ready, that I'll fly us out of here. I'll fly us farther than we went when we let the shiny rod retreat into the star-filled sky. Or maybe that you'll fly us, you're making progress on your flying and by time I'm ready I'm sure that you will be too.

I remember looking at my wet, long, hair in the mirror one morning after a shower. I thought I'll cut my hair..

I both hesitantly and determinedly grabbed the scissors from my desk drawer and went back into the bathroom.

I heard Hannah and Barbara calling my name from outside of the washroom, both wondering what I was doing and waiting for their turn in the washroom. "Leave!" I told them as I grabbed my hair and readied my scissors.

"Just.. Cut my hair.." I told myself before finally taking a big sigh and closed the scissors on my hair. No going back now. I continued to glide the scissors across my hair and bits of hair fell onto the washroom floor.

When I was done I looked into the mirror. My hair was now a shorter length than to my shoulders. My hair, my hair... why did I– I started saying to myself, but the more that I looked at it.. and looked at it.. and looked at it intensely, I saw myself in it. This was good. I needed this.

The next few days, I walked around the corridors and sat in my classes and even though I couldn't see all around me, I could still feel students looking at me. I didn't care for the attention.

But when I was in the library one one morning, Akko finally came up to me. Without a word from her, I said "I cut my hair."

Akko nodded, of course she saw that I cut my hair. "It looks nice." She told me as she looked at me and moved my bangs out of my face. Her expression was filled with sadness and concern. "What's going on, Diana?"

I don't know should I tell her?.. I will. "I'm afraid of love, and I'm not sure why.."

Akko thought and stayed silent for a moment. "I don't think you're afraid of love. I think you don't understand it. But why'd you cut your hair over a fear?" I think about what Akko said about my fear ever since she did. I don't understand love. I don't.

"I thought that it would make you stare and that I would get over my fear." I explained in a quiet voice.

"Wait.. is this?– Diana, are you saying that you love me?" Akko asked in a quiet voice.

I didn't know if I should tell her. Perhaps it will ruin our relationship forever. But I knew that I needed to be honest with her. "Yes." Akko went silent and looked away slightly. My heart stopped in a ping of anxiety and Akko chuckled softly and said.

"Of course..– I do too." Akko chuckled and I looked at her.

"Did you stare?" I asked her playfully.

Akko nodded silently.

"Then it was you and a ton of other people." I half-joked. Akko nudged me softly and playfully and said.

"Why wouldn't they? You look so beautiful.." Her eyes were filled with love, not entirely romantic Eros love, but also some platonic love. Akko truly cares about me.

Maybe I can get used to this love thing. It seems that strangely I feel at home at this place.

We started walking in the corridors while just talking and we eventually sat down and I rested my head on her shoulder and she rested her head on my head. I wasn't asleep, I felt serene and at peace enough it was like as if I were asleep.

Yes, but strangely I feel at home with Akko.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count: 903 words

Okay, personally, I thought this sucked. Actually, the first part of this was pretty good. But after paragraph 11 it started sucking. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this!

<3 - Fox

🎉 You've finished reading 𝔻𝕚𝕒𝕜𝕜𝕠 𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕜 🎉