two

8 years ago
"On my word, I want both of you to build a gun with these materials, and shoot the other. Whoever loses, dies by the other's hand. Do you understand?"

Both Chaeyoung and Janie, another 15 year old training under the organization, nodded.

"Go."

Janie was quick with her hands, but fumbled to pick a few things up and even almost dropped one of the materials.

Chaeyoung, though slower than Janie, did not have a single look of panic and kept as calm as she could, building the gun piece by piece.

Eventually, Chaeyoung finished assembling the gun, and loaded it as Janie was only almost more than halfway done.

Chaeyoung pointed the gun at Janie, who was crying with panic, and pulled the trigger with ease.

Janie's eyes blanked, and she fell back as dark red blood spilled out of her head.

"Congratulations, Chaeyoung. You've won, again."

Present day

"Chaeyoung, you stupid, stupid girl-"

"Excuse me? I understand you want to kill me as much as I want to finish my mission, but you can't forget I'm the best assassin in A97. I could leave your ass and find better respect elsewhere."

"Oh really? You're so good that you shot a woman two times without checking to see if she's dead, and now the whole world knows what you look like and we're at risk of exposing this whole thing, yeah Chaeyoung, you're just excellent."

"Stop being so over-dramatic," Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at Mr. Richards, the founder of A97. "I'll kill her, it's fine."

"No. Absolutely not. I want you to lay low. Take a break or something for a full week but do not go out, do you hear me?"

"Yeah, I'm not deaf. Do you hear me? You're like 2,000 years old. Do I need to repeat that?"

"Chaeyoung, I am serious. You could be the downfall of this entire organization and I promise you we will not be so kind when you are of no more use to us, especially when you are the cause of it all. A97 is the top organization right now and we've partnered with many other powerful ones, if we fall, so do they, and believe me when I say they truly do not care for a young pretty girl who was too foolish to think of her actions."

"Whatever. Fine. I'll 'lay low' and not do anything for the next week but not because I am listening to you, it's because I'm tired and have requested this break that you are so kindly giving me. Thank you, sir," Chaeyoung sarcastically said as she left the bedroom-sized office.

-

Jennie laid with aching pain in her stomach and all around her chest, reflecting over her encounter with Rosé.

"Taller, maybe 5'5 or 5'6, she had lighter skin than most and had dark brown eyes that looked like they held a whole world of it's own. I could tell they weren't contacts simply because I have experience with those sort of things as an investigator, though I've never taken on a case this intense. Rosé had a soft, feminine voice that did have a clear tone of confidence and power. She had an Australian accent and looked around her early 20s, long legs and her scent is truly entrancing. She is freakishly good at comforting people, even when the person knows who she is. She's skinny and looks like an absolute model, you could tell she literally uses her looks to kill. I really wonder how many people she had come to bed just to have them meet their fate-"