five

Jennie woke up with the back of her head still hurting and her whole body, despite her heart feeling less heavy, still aching.

Faintly, she could hear music playing in the kitchen along with what sounded like the sizzles of a frying egg. It took her only half a second to remember everything that happened the night before, and only a second more to feel her eyes tearing up from the pure kindness that a supposedly cold-hearted female assassin showed her.

It was nice to feel cared for, to be held, to know that there is somebody.

Jennie rubbed her eyes, stretched her arms, brushed her teeth, and then walked out to the bathroom, seeing something she certainly didn't expect from Rosé.

The 5'6 beauty was in one of Jennie's larger hoodies and baggy sweatpants with her hair tied up messily into a bun. She was half singing and half humming along to the song 'come on eileen' with a silver spoon in her right hand being used as a microphone. There were two bowls of rice with one fried egg and some kimchi on the side, and it seemed that Rosé was working on the little squares of beef.

Jennie wanted to laugh. To see someone who was so ruthless and comfortable around death and blood doing something as pure and.. cute.. as this, was unusual, but Jennie wasn't complaining. It made her smile, and in a way, she started to feel that maybe Rosé wasn't the absolute worst person in the world. Yes, she did murder people with no hint of kindness and she did just murder her boss but it was hard to hate someone who did something that made you feel so content, so relieved, and just.. glad.

Maybe it was selfish. But Jennie couldn't help it.

"Are you enjoying my kitchen?" Jennie asked as she took a seat down at the table.

Rosé, who did jump a little but quickly tried to hide it, nodded as she placed the beef squares in the pan into each of the bowls.

"You have a nice kitchen. Small, but comfy. Now, eat up."

The taller sat down to eat, and they sat in the comfortable silence where there were minimal chewing sounds here and there.

"Thank you," Jennie said as she picked up a piece of kimchi and rice.

"I was hungry and I figured it'd be rude if I didn't make you some too."

"No, I meant thank you... for last night. But thank you for the food too. I-I don't know what I would've done if you weren't there."

"No one can touch what is mine. You are my target, therefore you are mine until the day either I or you die," Rosé shrugged carelessly.

Suddenly, Jennie's heart grew heated with anger. She didn't exactly know why, but in a way, she did. It was nice to think that Rosé truly cared for her, but does she actually? Or is she just so psychopathic that she believed she was the person in power of whoever her targets were? Did Rosé do those things just to mess with Jennie?

"I am not yours, though."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not," Jennie's voice was rising.

"Yes, you are," Rosé replied calmly with a smile on her face, almost like she was enjoying this. "I wonder, Jennie, did you think I did all that because I care for and possibly.. love you, Jennie?"

"What? No! I know you're incapable of love," Jennie said quickly as she stood up.

"I'm not though. You don't know me at all. You don't even know my real name. You suck at your job," Rosé said casually as she slowly stood up and took the dishes to the sink. "It's funny because you were supposed to find me and put me in jail, but I've done so well in my mission that we've literally spent the night together and I'm still as free as the wind."