12 | ❝ thank you ❞

you kept your promise.

your therapy sessions continued for two months. we would walk to the bus stop togther after classes. we'd take the bus to my house, where my mom would treat you like her own son. we'd hang out in my bedroom, where i'd listen to you play the guitar. or we'd curl up on the couch and watch a movie; something that usually ended with you falling asleep next to me. sometimes you'd cook something for me, yelling at me for almost burning down the house.

but the important thing was that you were healing.

it was gradual, but it was there. how you'd slowly started making your signature jokes again. how you would smile and laugh whenever i screwed up. how you started to talk to me again, opening up about your troubles, your fears, your pains. and i was more than glad to listen.

naturally, your scars began to fade as well. you didn't hide them anymore, and i could feel your pride as the days went by and the marks on your arms healed. they were a sign of your progress, of your strength, of how you gave yourself another chance.

you'll be happy again.

after two months when we exited doctor choi's office, you looked ecstatic.

"so, kim seokjin ssi," i ask as we sit down on the grass. "how do you feel?"

you slurped on your smoothie, gazing at the view of the han river ahead of us. it was our first time visiting here; your idea, actually.

"i feel... happier," you began. "definitely happier than two months ago."

"that's good."

you took my hand in yours, running your thumb across my fingers. we've held hands many times in the past few months it was almost natural for us, yet it still had my stomach doing somersaults.

"by the way," you said. "i never got to thank you."

"for what?"

"for... everything. for saving my life, for going with me to therapy, for listening to me, for just... being there."

you met my eyes. "i don't know what i'd do without you namjoon, literally. ever since that day you always took care of me and talked with me, putting my needs before yours. i just... thank you. so much. i don't know if i'll ever be able to make it up to you-"

"you don't have to," i squeezed your hand. "i told you i'd be with you, right? hyung, you're an important part of my life and i care about you. i'll do it all again if i have too."

"i- i don't deserve you, kim namjoon," you breathed, a slight pink hue dusted across your cheeks.