14 | ❝ our promise ❞

a year later

namjoon closes the book with a satisfactory sigh, as he leans back and stretches his arms.

just then, a knock sounds on the door. "joonie?" seokjin pokes his head in the room. "the guys are here, you done packing?"

"yeah," he turns around, smiling at his boyfriend. "took them long enough, though."

seokjin laughs lightly, waking into the room. "apparently they had to make a pit stop at the supermarket so taehyung could get yeontan his toys. why is he even bringing his dog on the road trip, i have no idea," he ends with a shake of his head.

"tell me about it."

"hey, is that...?" seokjin spots the book sitting on namjoon's study.

"my old journal, yeah," he answers, walking towards seokjin. "hard to believe its been more than a year, right?"

seokjin simply smiles as his boyfriend pulls him into his arms. "yeah," he says, draping his arms around namjoon's neck. "best year of my life, though, thanks to you."

"you flatter me," namjoon jokes as he leans down to connect their lips.

seokjin hums into the kiss, running his hands through namjoon's hair, knowing how much his boyfriend loved when he did so.

a loud, annoying honk from outside makes them pull away.

"we should go before they leave us again," seokjin giggled, grabbing his bags.

"oh no, not again!"

as the couple climbed down the stairs, seokjin takes namjoon's hand in his own. "hey," he whispers. "i love you."

"i love you more," namjoon whispers back.