The Odd Ones

The Odd Ones

I've heard of people saying their lives turns black and white after having their heart broken. That everything around them would just starts fading sucking out the happiness and life that's left. I've also heard of people saying their lives started having colors when they met someone they love. A parade of colors that seems to burst forever. While these two types of people seem to be figurative, I believe they exist. And I have the power to see these emotions and enhance them.

What I didn't know existed are people who had only known pain, fear, anger and the desire to kill. Will I be able to help them?

I was five when this ability starts manifesting. I remember being at the cemetery with my brother. Tahimik kami na nakaupo sa harap ng puntod ng mga magulang namin ng narinig ko ang paghikbi ng kapatid ko. My attention was then diverted to him and I was shocked when I saw a blue light surrounding him as if it was a smoke. There was also gray light which I later on learned that it symbolizes fear. By just looking at the colors, it is as if I could taste and identify them.

Bigla akong napayakap sa kanya gaya ng lagi niyang ginagawa sa akin kapag umiiyak ako. I wanted him to be alright and to stop him from crying like what he would always tell me at pagkalipas ng ilang segundo ay tumigil siya.

Narinig ko siyang tumawa ng bahagya saka siya tumingin sa akin. "Mom was right when she told me that you'd have the same ability just like her. You can control emotions of the people around you. You can turn it to however you like. Now I won't have to worry because you can now protect yourself" Ethan said saka niya ginulo ang buhok ko.

---------

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Do not distribute, publish, transmit, modify, display or exploit the contents of this story in any way without the author's permission.

Official hashtag: #theODDones

Official acc. (twitter): @neverthelostboy