Chapter 28 -

*The Next Morning*

"Pssst, Beth," a voice whispered in my ear.

I ignored it.

"Wake up!" Another voice whispered.

"Hmmm," I murmured.

"Wake up, seriously! It's noon!" Someone shook me.

"Okay," I whispered, still half asleep.

"Beth!" A voice shouted in my ear.

"I'm awake!" I sat up, and nearly banged heads with a laughing Louis.

"Well, well, look who's alive!" Zayn said smiling.

"Never thought anyone would say that to me again," I mumbled as I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

The five boys standing in front of me turned eerily silent and averted their gazes. That's when I realized what I'd just said.

"Oh, calm down, it was a joke," I rolled my eyes. They all let out fake laughs, but I think Niall's was genuine. "Anyway, what are you doing today?" I yawned and stretched.

"Well, we are going to sit around, be lazy, and watch movies all day," Liam smiled.

"That sounds great," I grinned.

Harry sat down next to me and put an arm around me.

"Morning babe," he whispered, which gave me chills.

"Morning," I grinned and turned my head to kiss him.

"Have you heard from, uh, Olivia?" Harry asked in his husky voice.

"No, not since day before yesterday," I shrugged. "Is everything okay?"

"Uh, yeah, they just haven't seen her in a while," he shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean she just hasn't checked in in a while," Harry explained. I could tell he was lying.

"Tell me the truth," I said.

"They can't find her," Niall blurted.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "What do you mean they can't find her?"

"They haven't heard from her and they can't find her, and they thought you'd know where she was," Liam explained.

"Oh, my god," I shook my head. I pulled out my phone and dialled her number. It went straight to voicemail. I waited for it to beep, then I left my message. "Olivia? It's Beth. I need you to pickup or call me or go talk to someone because I know you aren't okay. Please, Olivia," My voice cracked.

I knew I was assuming the worse.

But what if my assumptions were proved right?

~~~~~~~

I called her over and over and over again, until her voicemail was full. By that time, it was mid afternoon, and they still couldn't find her.

"Fuck!" I screamed.

Harry rubbed circles on my back and pulled me into his chest. "Shh, it's okay."

"No, Harry! It's not! My best friend who's anorexic and bullimic and suicidle is missing! That can only mean two things! A, she's been kidnapped, or B, she killed herself!" I shouted, pushing him away. "And I think we both know it's the second one!" I began sobbing, and crumpled into his chest.

"You don't know that, love," Niall cooed in my ear.

Louis squeezed my hand.

"It's all going to be okay," Liam smiled sadly.

"I'm sure they'll find her," Zayn offered.

"Guys," I began. "Did you feel this way when I tried to kill myself?"

They averted their eyes and turned silent for the second time today.

I felt Harry nod because his chin was resting on my head. "Yes," he whispered.

"Oh, my god," I shook my head in realization. "I'm a horrible person."

"Shhh, no you aren't," Liam took my hand from Louis and kissed it.

"Yes, I am. I make everyone else feel like shit so I don't have to suffer anymore," I felt more tears roll down my cheeks.

"Stop," Niall said.

"But,"

"But nothing. You're perfect, and you were so unhappy because so many people had told you differently, so you believed them, and decided to not take it anymore, you aren't selfish." Louis told me.

"Thanks," I sniffled.

My phone began to ring.

I answered it so quickly the person on the other end didn't say anything for a few seconds.

I realized the caller was Katherine.

"Beth? It's Katherine," she said.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Look, they found Olivia. She was in the bathroom by the dance studio," Katherine explained.

"Oh, thank god!" I exclaimed, throwing my free hand up into the air. "Can I talk to her?"

"Beth, I don't think you understand," Katherine said.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked.

"She killed herself,"