oo3, sleepover.

By nighttime, Iwaizumi felt as if his legs were about to fall off after a afternoon full of intense cardio. Both kids were seated on Iwaizumi’s front porch gazing at the night sky in silence.

Oikawa swung his legs back and forth as they hung over the porch. He took deep breaths, still exhausted from their training.

It was... Peaceful. Especially when Iwaizumi’s family garden was so beautiful and zen. “Hey... Oikawa? Don’t you think it’s too dark to head home? You can stay the night if you want.” The teen offered in a gentle tone.

He turned his head to Iwaizumi as his name was heard, “No.. I think I’ll be fine on my way home, it’ll be too troublesome if I stayed here, right?” He replied, trying to be as polite as possible.

“Not really, you know I have a spare futon. And my parents love you... So if anything they’ll be enthusiastic about it.” Iwaizumi’s sweat dropped.

“It’s not too dark yet.” The brunette said as he lifted his head up to the sky, “maybe I should get going.”

“Come on, Oikawa. Just stay over. Your legs probably feel as painful as mine do, and there’s no point in risking you being out at dark.” Iwaizumi reasoned.

Oikawa’s lips parted slightly as he stopped in his tracks, listening to what Iwaizumi had to say.

“Being here is... Nice. Let’s just stay like this a little longer.” He offered a small smile.

The brunette then broke into a wide smile.

“You’re right, I guess I have no other choice. Yeah?” He said teasingly and nodded, tapping on the boy’s shoulder. “Can you show me where I’m staying?” He asked.

Iwaizumi’s expression softened at the smile the brunette gave. Though at the question, Iwaizumi whined tiredly. “In a second... Let my legs rest a little longer.” He begged as he brought his attention back to the sky.

“Oh, alright. Sorry—” Oikawa chuckled awkwardly and scratched the back of his head. He crouched down next to Iwaizumi, his legs also starting to give up on him.

“That’s pretty weird though huh... Since we were little this is the first time you’re staying over.” He noted. Usually they’d always make sure to get home before dark with time to spare.

“You’re right.. It /is/ the first time.” He hummed and rubbed his chin, “We should have sleepovers more often then, Iwa-chan.” He suggested.

“Yeah. And if you act up I’ll send you walking home so demons can get you.” Iwaizumi teased in a playful manner.

“Hey! Unnecessary addition, if you’re going to do that then I won’t hesitate to cuddle you /really/ tight when we’re asleep!” Oikawa threatened with quite a pleasant act.

“That’s the worst threat you could ever give me. Don’t touch me, I might catch something.” Iwaizumi replied in a playful manner, laughing.

Oikawa laughed along with Iwaizumi before letting out a scoff, “You’d enjoy my cuddles nonetheless, Iwa-chan.” He yawned and rolled his eyes.

“No, I don’t think I will. And I doubt I’ll let myself find out.” Iwaizumi laughed at the brunette’s scoff. “It makes me happy knowing I’m denying something girls would kill for.”

“Girls’ natures are scary.” Oikawa pressed his lips into a thin line before letting out a deep sigh, “they only fall for the looks. Other than that, it’s as if I have some damn harem at this age.” He played with his hair.

Iwaizumi couldn’t help but laugh at the comparison his friend had made. “I know right? Having girls love you must be /so/ hard.” He mocked. “But I get you. I mean I can’t relate, but I get you. It’s nice, but it’s not genuine so what’s the point?”