oo6, attack.

Since his best friend’s (assumed) death at the hands of a demon a few years back, Iwaizumi Hajime never let himself rest in order to even the score with demons. He had never been this motivated.

For the past few years, Iwaizumi began to do the same things he scolded his friend for by training himself to the point of collapsing. Not a single day went by where he didn’t think of The whole Tooru family and their stolen lives.

At this point, hundreds of demons had died gruesome deaths at his sword. To the point he had gotten the opportunity to be a hashira. He wanted nothing more but to beat the demon king and it’s underlings to death.

The young adult practically had tunnel vision as he slashed through demons, adrenaline pumping through him as he stabbed a demon to give it more pain before he slashed their head off.

The demon grunted before letting out a pleasant “Iwa-chan!”

Though before he got the chance to, he froze at the nickname and reluctantly looked up.

At the sight, of course his face fell and filled with horror. He had completely frozen in place in order to process everything, completely speechless.

“it’s been a long time!” The demon said, quite pleased to see the male.

The brunette furrowed his eyebrows before cocking one up as he watched the male stop in his tracks, “what’s with that look, Iwa-chan?” He asked and took a few steps closer to the demon slayer.

“Oh how the tables have turned.” He muttered out and grabbed Iwaizumi by the collar, throwing him across the place, into a wall. The brunette was always weaker than him, no matter in what situation. Even in their trainings, he was surpassed again and again.

Iwaizumi’s throat felt dry, and he barely even got a grasp of what was going on enough to open his mouth before he was thrown against a wall.

Oh. Look who’s alive.

Of course, Oikawa knew that it was Iwaizumi but he really had no empathy or sympathy for him anymore. Demons and humans aren’t supposed to be allies. “Get up, Iwa-chan. You’ve got the whole world to save.” He provoked.

He cried out in pain and couldn’t even focus enough to stand on his feet, but the pain certainly gave him more clarity. Clarity that there was Oikawa, alive. Alive and the same creature he was in spite of for so many years.

Alive and bringing humans pain for /pleasure/ after being so dedicated to being a demon slayer. Iwaizumi had brought himself endless pain to kill demons in dedication to Oikawa, only for the brunette to be one himself.

“Oikawa...” Iwaizumi finally choked out while staring at the demon in disbelief. Until he tightened his grip on his sword and furrowed his eyebrows in anger. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?” He snapped.

“What is it, Iwa-chan?” Oikawa said in a soft tone before he leaned back, a unamused expression plastered over his face as he was yelled at.

“What am I doing? I’m pretty sure I’m just doing my job.” The brunette answered honestly and watched Iwaizumi’s grip on the sword closely, making sure that he won’t just get attacked out of nowhere.

Alas, Oikawa actually became a decoy for the upper and lower moons of their so-called master. He hated their master, only because he thought of himself to be even more qualified than their current king.

Iwaizumi stared in absolute disbelief. Things were starting to settle in enough for him to make decisions, but the whole situation still hadn’t fully processed in his head. Oikawa was right in front of him... Right there. Something he had wished of being able to do for so long, yet...