Feeling messed up

The gand spent almost three days searching for Sonic already. The Island was very big and it seemed impossible to find him but they didn't give up.
Tails didn't let Shadow to go with them because he seemed to be weak from what happened in Eggman's base but Shadow really wanted to go.

It was the third day when the gang left for another searching journey for their friend. As soon as they left, Shadow left too even though Tails told him not to but he was so worried he couldn't stay put so he left the village the opposite way and he walked straight to the forest.

Meanwhile, Sonic found a cave deep underground and he hid there. He felt guilty for leaving his friends and mostly the most important person in the whole world alone with their child under his heart but also he didn't want to hurt any of them so he wanted to stay away from them as long as he figures out what that dark power is about.
Sonic knew his friends will not stay home waiting for him so he made sure they will never find him but what he didn't think about is that Shadow searched for him alone.

As Shadow walked deeper in the forest, everything became darker and darker, it almost seemed like the forest had to hide something but nobody knew about anything in there. It was possible since the island was pretty old and really big so it's history can hide something.
He kept on walking and soon he found a big temple. It looked like nobody visited it for centuries. The walls looked like they could fall apart as soon as the wind touches them, the windows were cracked and there were no doors anymore.
Shadow couldn't help, he was curious what was in the temple but he thought that even Sonic could be there as well so he walked in. He didn't see anything interesting yet but as he crossed the room, he noticed a shadow that's shape was just like Sonic's so he hurried after it calling his loved one's name.

"Sonic? Is that you?" Shadow asked.

The shadow seemed to shake as he spoke and disappeared.

"Wait!" Shadow yelled as he hurried after it.

As Shadow ran after the stranger shade, he noticed that the pillars of the temple started to shake and a part of the ceiling was ready to fall off. Shadow heared the cracking and he looked up, once he saw that the ceiling is going to fall off he started to run. The huge piece almost hit Shadow but right before that someone grabbed him and ran out of the temple with him in his arms. As you probably guessed it, the guy was Sonic.

Once they got out of the building safely, Sonic looked over Shadow's body to see if he's okay. Shadow's face was buried to Sonic's chest and his arms were holding onto his shoulders. When he heared the temple finally falling over he raised his head to face his beloved Sonic. Their eyes met again, those three days they spent apart seemed like forever and seeing each other's eyes seemed like the first time.

"Sonic? Is that really you?"
"Haha, yes" Sonic let a gentle laugh out as he smiled at Shadow.
"I missed you so much!" Shadow almost cried from the happiness (and of course his pregnancy, since he was never that showing person) as he wrapped his arms around Sonic's neck to hug him.
"I missed you too." Sonic hugged Shadow close as well.
"Then why did you leave? Why did you hide from us?" Shadow lifted his head to face Sonic again.
"Because I didn't want to cause you any harm. I don't know what that strange power is or how to use it and I was afraid I would hurt everyone with it."
"You could have talk to us. Do you have any idea how worried was everyone? And me?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't want to worry them but mostly you." Sonic caressed Shadow's face with his right hand.

Shadow placed his left hand on Sonic's as they stared at each other's eyes. Sonic slowly put Shadow down and caressed his belly.

"So, it's true? You really are pregnant?"
"Yes."
"How long?"
"I don't really know, to be honest. Dr Eggman didn't say anything about it, and I didn't ask Tails to look at it."

Sonic felt a little angry as he heared Dr Eggman's name.

"About Eggman... What did he do to you before I showed up?"
"Uh... I don't think you should hear it..." Shadow looked down.
"Why? What did he do?"
"Please don't ask me to say it." Tears appeared in Shadow's eyes and Sonic felt guilty all of a sudden so he just hugged Shadow close to his heart once again.

"I'm sorry, I won't ask you that again. I promise I won't let anything happen to you ever again."

(End of chapter.
Hello everyone! Sorry again for my big late! I sure hope you liked this one too! Thank you for your patience! 🖤)