1 ✦ exposition

𝕒 𝕔𝕠𝕠𝕝 𝕤𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕞𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕨𝕖𝕒𝕡𝕠𝕟

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕖𝕝𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕀 𝕞𝕖𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖

✦✦✦

i first met you on the empty basketball court. 

short wavy hair and bright brown eyes. 

you were the coach's niece, but you had never stepped on the court in school. you shot the ball once, twice, thrice but it didn't go in. 

people talked about you, saying that you were a star athlete. they wondered why you didn't play for the school. 

i wondered sometimes too. but i never judged. you were always just a myth to me.  

you sunk to the floor, sitting on the cranberry painted ground.

your scream of frustration echoed through that humid spring evening and you let the ball roll away from you. 

it hit my legs.

i hesitated. would you know that i've been staring? or did you need someone who could comfort you? i pushed the confusion away. 

without hesitation, i picked up the ball and walked to you. 

you were shocked at first. you didn't know who i was. that was expected. i wasn't hurt, don't worry. 

i eased your worries that night. we talked for hours. you said you wouldn't forget me.

in the half-hearted light of the lamp post, i saw your smile. it was pretty, i always knew that you were. 

but more than that, it was simple, easy, cool. you weren't trying too hard or too little. 

i thought it was because of me. 

that was my first mistake. 

you told me your name. 

jung ara. 

i thought it was gorgeous. 

i fell for it. and you. 

that was my second mistake. 

all this happened, but i realized too late.

that was my third mistake.

✦✦✦

𝕒 𝕞𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕖 𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕀 𝕗𝕖𝕝𝕥 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕞𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣