8 ✦ ramification

𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕘𝕝𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤 

𝕨𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕟𝕠 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕞 

✦✦✦

it hasn't been long. maybe a few weeks.

i started hanging out near the basketball court. a couple of times i just liked shooting the balls to see if they'd go in the hoop.

i wasn't good, but i didn't care. it was the release that mattered to me.

you never showed up, and i'm glad. 

i didn't know what i'd say to you even if i did see you. i hadn't expected it to happen and i tried to avoid it as well.

one afternoon, i was on the court, shooting balls just for fun, when i heard the voices of two girls. 

i turned my head and saw that familiar face. 

you looked different now. straight long hair, probably from extensions. but the same, practiced smile.

there was a new girl hanging onto your arm, the same way serim had done for you in the past.

you were still gorgeous. still glowing. you were still the star. that would never change. 

and that's okay. that's you and your story.

i turned away from you so that you wouldn't think i saw you. i heard your voices get closer.

i shot once, it went in with a soft swoosh.

the petite female beside you asked who the lilac-haired boy on the court was. 

i think his name is soobin, you said. 

i shot once more, it went in again. 

but you continued on that that was all you knew about him. 

i shot again, this time it bounced off the rim and back into my hands.

just a name.

you thought i hadn't heard you. but i had.

i turned my head swiftly, but i knew that you were already looking. 

i held your gaze for a few seconds, before you tore your eyes away. 

then you went on your way, and i went on mine. no real presence, no trace.

after all, for our short screen time, at the end of the drama, we get a credit. 

in your drama, too. at the end of it all, nothing, except just a name. choi soobin.

✦✦✦

𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕞𝕪 𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖

𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕞𝕒

✦✦✦