9 ✦ culmination

𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕞𝕒

✦✦✦

epilogue

that day, as i was walking back from the court, someone approached me.

her bright eyes and wide smile were infectious.

she asked me how i was doing.

i smiled and told her i was doing pretty well. i asked her how ara was.

not you, anymore. just ara.

she said that she didn't really know. she'd stopped hanging out with you as much. she didn't want to keep playing the supporting character.

serim, i told her. i'm proud of you.

she was surprised, but her smile didn't falter.

i barely knew her, but i was happy that she'd freed herself from that position.

i asked her if i did the right thing.

she said that she doesn't know for sure, but in her heart it feels right.

then she told me about something she was doing. she wanted to start a little radio show for our school. she said that she always loved my stories and wanted me to be a part of it.

so that i could make my own characters. the way i wanted.

i nodded, but i wasn't sure.

she understood. take your time, she said.

she hesitated for a second, before turning away from me. she had only taken a step when she turned back around to face me.

just know, she began, that you can be the main character of the story whenever you want. even starting right now. what makes you the best protagonist is when you treat everyone in the story like a main character in theirs too.

then she turned once more and started to walk away.

was it what i wanted to do?

i decided that i didn't want to be so unsure anymore.

i took a few large strides to catch up to the girl before tugging on her wrist and spinning her around.

i asked her that if, hypothetically, i was planning on doing this, who else would be involved?

she began listing off the names on our walk back to the dorms. jisung, chaeyeon, youngjae would for sure. she'd have to double check with yeji, seungmin, and donghyuck....she'd definitely have to pester heejin, hyunjin, gowon, yongbok and eunji. she was sure that yoorim, yerin and sunwoo would be willing...maybe jeno and jisu? maybe jaemin too...

and so as the excited girl rambled on about her plans, i couldn't help but admire the glimmer in her eye. not of pure excitement. but of her true and genuine enjoyment of living as the star in that moment.

and i'm sure that soon, my eyes would showcase that for themselves.

my new story was just starting.

and this time it would be my drama.

✦✦✦

the end