Hot Weather

The wind blew softly against the silky feathers if the pigeons feasting on the seeds flung at their feet.  The sun glared against the windscreen of fast moving cars on the road.  People moved in opposite direction towards their destinations.
A woman sighed and breathed out hot air and wondered when the heat would let up. She looked over at the other side of the road. There was a park on that side with only a bench facing the road.  A man sat there,  he was looking down at his worn shoes,  his shoulders seemed slouched in defeat.
She huffed and continued walking wondering how the man was able to sit in the sun without a shade.

People these days acted strange.  She wondered what could propel him to sit in the heat.  Meanwhile, tears obscured the man's vision,  his shoes looked blurry.  He laced his fingers and gripped them hard as if to stop his shoulders from racking with sobs.

~"I WANT A DIVORCE.!"~

It drew more tears from his eyes.  20 damn years, she just wanted to throw all that away.  Away for good.  His phone vibrated continuously,  he was pretty sure it was his colleagues from work. His current mood couldn't even let him pick up the call and formulate a lie.

He had loved her for who she was,  irregardless of what people had thought of her.  He had taken good care of her.  And their child,  their child they had tried all their best to get,  the one currently residing in her beautifully rounded belly.

~"He's not your child!"~

He flinched like he was slapped by An invisible hand. He refused to believe it,  tears flowed anew along with the sweat that trickled down his body. This was part of his punishment for his sins.

"it's all my fault."

He felt the heat of the sun leave his back and waited for the hail to fall,  but nothing came,  he lifted his head to see,  what had ceased his punishment.

He couldn't hide the fact that he was surprised,  he truly was.