As The Rain Fell

A tear meant a thousand words for me and way too many meant a million words.
I looked ahead and through the pouring rain was a figure shivering and sobbing.

My heart ached to find out what was wrong, but I knew my father would get angry if I left the board room. We are in the middle of closing a huge deal. The meating was held on the 10th floor of the building which had glass walls.

Advon oil corp was one of the biggest in the century and we, MX gas were going to be partners with them.
I looked out the window again from where I stood and the figure just happened to cover her face with her palms, crying harder. She couldn't be more than 18. People just passed by her, everyone rushing to get to their homes. It hurt me that no one had bothered to stop and inquire what was going on with the girl.

"Here are the papers that need tlo be signed." The voice of he lawyer broke into my thoughts. My father took the papers and signed them and I also signed the parts which needed my signature. We shook hands with the board members. And walked towards the doors.
When it was time for me to get into my own Mercedes benz 2020 model, I looked over to where the figure was and this time around she was still, she had stopped shivering too, but the rain was pouring heavily now. I told my bodyguard to fetch me an umbrella and I walked bristkly in her direction

"Hey are you okay?" I asked, but there was no response. I felt for her pulse and sighed in relief an the faint beat there. She had fallen unconscious due to the cold.

I carried her to the car and placed her in the back seat. My body guards got in beside me.cm
I instructed the driver to take us to the nearest hospital. I was pretty sure my father must have wondered what I was doing, a properly dressesd business man going out of his way to rescue a homeless girl. The disapproval on his face as I ran towards the girl had given me a measure of satisfaction
We arrived at the hospital and the girl was immediately taken into the ER. I dropped my number and informed the doctors I would be back to see the girl.

We arrived at my fathers house in due time, the party was just about to kick off. It was a party to celebrate the merger. I wasnt to enthusiastic about it, I was really tired and the cold had also gotten to me . I greeted a few people I recognized, and went up to my room. I turned on the heater and ran a warm bath. My room was a big room with muted colors.

My bath was a mini sized pool, small enough for a big room anyways. I kicked off my shoes and began to undress. Then I heard a knock. The person apparently lacked etiquette because the next thing that followed was the sound of the door knob turning.

"What do you want?" I asked rather rashly.

"Oh you don't want to see me I see." A female voice purred. It belonged to someone I realy wanted and needed to kick out of my life and my dad's but aparenty my dad supposedly loved her.