Chapter 7 - New Game - Every dog has its day

((Not my game play, I couldn't get the kind the video I wanted with two players so this will do-))

Y/n's POV:

A minute or two ago, Gold and Square jumped into the void, and since then Cube and I have been evacuating everyone. Two evacuations in one day? Well more like a warning and an actual evacuation. Not Paradise's best day, I must admit.
Cube headed to the city to inform leaders and authorities whilst I stayed at the countryside and tried to spread the word.
I heard screams around me, my heart dropped to my stomach knowing that I can't do a lot to help except spread the word. I am finding it difficult to concentrate as distracting thoughts cloud my mind.
There is a small beautiful woods in the small village I am currently in; if this were any other occasion, I would be sitting at the short wall, admiring the beautiful beach or at the top of the cliff, looking down at the magnificent view, soaking in every little detail. But this isn't 'any other occasion', but an evacuation.
Shapes hurried by to escape to the seaport to evacuate to Utib and Corinson, two neighbouring island counties.
"A-Ankur! Ankur! Sweetie, where are y-you?!" I heard a feminine voice literally cry out, like she was struggling to breath. Without second thought, I turn on my heel and run towards the crying woman.
"An-ankur-! Please.." her voice dies out as I can faintly hear sobs along with screams of other shapes.
After a minute, I finally found the source of despair. "Ma'am, ma'am! Are you okay? What the matter?" I shout so she can hear my voice. She visibly stiffens a little until her eyes land on me.
All of a sudden, she launches onto me, holding me gently but firmly.
"Please! Miss, my son, Ankur, I can't find him!" Tears fill her bright orange eyes as her voice cracks very often.
I try to put on the most convincing, reassuring smile I can muster as I say, "I could try to help, what does your son look like?"
"He's orange lik-e me, cactus flower head, he's a little s-shorter than me and h-he is wearing a light-t purple jumper with white flower designs o-on it." Her voice quivers, quietening down as hope seems to leave her.
"Miss, we will find him! He might even be heading to the sea port, you should too, I'll look for him!" I shout, though quieter as the other shapes were a little further away, letting us hear each other better.
Rubbing her eyes, she nods slowly, her whole body visibly trembling. I sympathetically look at her as I hold her shoulder gently, squeezing it reassuringly.
In the corner of my eye, I spot a pink shape. Corrupted. I didn't get a good look at it as I carefully push her, gesturing that she should leave now. Almost as soon as she left, I heard footsteps going towards me. Quick footsteps.
I twisted my body to turn and look a the shape.

My eyes widen. I am barely controlling my body. I am not even thinking, it's like instinct. My body leaps while turning slightly to my right. A blur of pink ran past me, mere centimetres away from me.
A chill ran down my spine. I thought of what could of happened if I didn't move out of the way.
"What are you?!" I try screaming at it.
Silence.
It just stands there, its back towards me. I stare at the shape. Unsure of what to do. Its next move scared me. In a quick motion, it turned its head towards me, looking over their shoulder. And I swear, I hear a sickening snap, like the bones couldn't handle how fast it moved its head. The sound made me uncomfortable, but I keep my guard up, unsure of what will happen next. I can hear my heart pound against my chest. I'm pretty sure it can it hear it too, my heart is pounding so dang loud. I breath, in and out.
I hear some kind of shuffling from around me. I look, and there are more of those corrupted pink shapes. Staring. At me. Like I am their prey. A herd of wolves ganging up on a sheep.
'Thank Sunny I had to take combat lessons while training with Gold' I think to myself.
My eyes slowly go left to right as I turn my head to look at the corrupted shapes that surrounded me. They silently stood still, their black, empty voids piercing into my soul.
Snap!
Before I can properly comprehend the noise that sounded behind me, these 'hands' grab my arms, preventing me from moving. Despite me knowing this, I still struggle; I try to free myself from the grasp of whatever is trapping me.
The more I struggle, the tighter their grasp gets and so I stop to ease the stinging pain I am getting throughout my body. However, the pain isn't ceasing, but continuing, and started to burn a little.
Even though it hurts to move, I lower my head down, curious and confused.
"WAIT WHAT-!?!?" I scream at the top of my lungs, as I practically feel the colour drain from my face, and even my entire body.
'Oh sunny, I'm being corrupted-!!' I freak out. My breathing gets faster. I can feel my heart pounding. Louder and louder. Harder and harder. I swear the corrupted holding me could feel my beating heart. But I sure as hell hope they don't. They'd think I'm pathetic.

"Hey! Is that the Guardian bracket?? Amyntas! Stop!" A deep voice called out.
"Hmm?" Almost instantly, I am let go and due to being squeezed for so long, I lost my balance and fell to my knees. I only just notice now that my vision was blurred by tears as the burning and stinging pain started to slightly subside. I let my arms drop to my side: fatigue took over my body as I swayed a little, trying to keep myself from face planting onto the ground.
"Hmmh hmph-! Mmm mymph!" I heard a muffled voice shout, however, they sounded like they are coming closer, but at the same time like they were far away.
The same deep voice replies, "Firstly, language. Secondly, exactly! We can bring them to boss and-⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️"

Not so lucky, but hey. Every dog has its day.