Chapter 15: The Aftermath

Nobody spoke.

Nobody made a sound.

Then one sound shouted, "Hooray! We did it!"

And then it exploded. The Rat Wall, surrounded by laughing creatures, high-fiving each other, crying battle cries even though there's no battle.

Robin was dazed. Dazed by the glory of winning, but also worried that Tynim would strike back.

"Robin, we made it!" Lillie and Applejuice pulled him into the mobs of celebration. Then, when he gazed back at his home, he saw the gates flung open, and everyone poured out. "Yay!" Brody shouted, doing a couple of backflips.

"Applejuice?" Pug leapt down from the Rat Wall and landed next to them with something in her paw. "You know what?" she revealed the shimmering item. It was a badge with a number on it, looking exactly like the one Robin had seen in the starfruit. "You're accepted, to go and train to be a new Nekomata member!"

"Woah," the little green Senri gasped, then pounced at Pug. "That's SO COOL! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!"

"Tynim is in the Blood Tundra," Arc suddenly appeared out of the shadows and said with a voice of no tone.

"All right," Maddie and Seth all plodded down next to them. The huge Nekomata skyship loomed overhead. A long thin ladder drifted down in front of them.

"In the Blood Tundra, right?" Pug winked at the friends. "Then let's go!"

FIN

Note: The book is finished. The sequel is The Blood Tundra, link here: https://www.wattpad.com/920319329