Chapter 4: The Great Escape

"Stay right here this instant!" Robin could hear the gruff voice of the Wingwatcher as the three friends plodded down the zigzaging paths of City Fera. "No, we can't outrun them, they can fly!" Lillie wailed as she struggled to keep up. "You're right. No more running! Now get in!" Applejuice shoved them into the doors of Arcadia, before hopping in herself.

"Over here!" Robin whispered as he waved a paw from under a pile of pillows. "Come in!" Applejuice hit the lights and dove in along with Lillie.

They huddled in the darkness.

Robin could hear Applejuice breathing heavily beside him. He could also feel Lillie's warmth next to him. But he could also hear the steps of the Wingwatchers, like predators stalking prey.

sccraaaape

scraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape

Robin stared at Lillie, who stared back. Applejuice just made an Uh oh, we're doomed! face. Robin could see black, shadowy talons through the dim light inside. They approached, the shadows getting bigger and bigger...Robin closed his eyes and waited for the face of a Wingwatcher to come.

"I know you're in there, come out, come out..." an eerie voice rang above their heads. A pair of dark talons began to appear at a small opening. But just as they started to uncover Robin and his friends, they suddenly jerked away.

Robin covered his ears with his paws as sounds of animals screaming, talons slashing, crying, wailing, wings flapping, tail swishing all rang at once. "We should get outta this war zone as soon as possible!" He suggested, keeping his voice as low as possible. "No," Applejuice objected, pointing a claw at the outside. "They're fighting, so they can't focus on finding us. We will go out once all of this is over." "Once all of this is what?" Lillie flapped her Senri ears as everything went eerie silent again.

"I'll keep watch," Robin tried to summon all his courage to get out and see what is going on. Only one Wingwatcher. I can handle this. He popped his head out of the pillows and shivered.

There was something big and black lying motionless, with a few bleeding scratches here and there. Dead Wingwatchers, Applejuice's voice hovered insie his head. He didn't think that a dead Wingwatcher would be scary, but now it certaintly is. He thought he saw a flash, a flash of something magenta and light green, but there was nothing. At least there's no Wingwatcher.

"Come on, we must escape now!" Robin gestured with his paws as he, Lillie and Applejuice burst out as fast as they could. "Go, go, go, go, go!" Applejuice chanted as they lept out as fast as they could.

"Wait, stop!" Another female voice. A magenta color. It must be the flash of whatever he saw. A graceful Senri, much bigger than Lillie or Applejuice poured out from the darkness, her long fish-like tail swishing around. "Great work, #777," More Senris flooded out. Robin was left speechless. Suddenly, all the heads of the new Senris swiveled around to stare at Robin and his friends.