Chapter 10: We're going in Camo

"The Sphixes!" Pug suddenly shot up. "We need to free them. They're still locked up in Shattered Bay," Seth added, pointing at the distant horizon. "It wouldn't be long before they will be banished forever." "But rescuing prisoners TWICE A DAY is going to get the Wingwatcher's attention," Lillie pleaded as Applejuice and Robin walked near her. "They might demolish the Nekomata!" "Not if we go as RainWings," Robin shook his head.

Everybody else just stared at him.

"Uhm, RainWings," Seth spat. "Those are?"

"RainWings are dragons in a book series called Wings of Fire," Robin explained, shifting his tails from one side to the other. "Not Wingwatcher dragons. These creatures can change the colors and decals on their scales to blend in, which means..."

"We are going there CAMOFLAUGED!" Pug jumped. "Oh, my! Why didn't I think of this sooner? I'm in!"

...

"So, come on, we've got this..." Robin was walking tirelessly down the planks. The camoflauge suits the Nekomata provided were damp and heavy as they rubbed his fur. "I can't go on," Applejuice wailed from behind.

But Pug was determined. "We're almost there," she looked behind at her tired teammates. "Just a few more meters." the Senri tried hard not to swish her tail around. "Lie down!" Lillie whispered as a Wingwatcher rushed past. The team quickly sank to the ground, blending into the wood planks.

"Phew," Seth shook her tail. "Nobody will see us now."

And then Applejuice shrieked, and a black dragon was suddenly there, appearing from the shadows, striking them three times with swift brutality and then slamming them out of the way with a powerful blow of his tail. The green Senri was flung out into the open sea.

"Applejuice!" Pug and Robin both shot up at the same time and hurled themselves into the Wingwatcher, who was startled by two invisible enemies suddenly appearing. He roared as flames spewed out of his nose. Screaming, Robin flung his camo cover right over the dragon's face, momentarily blinding him. With Pug finishing him off, the Kitsune lept down the wood planks into the water, hoping to find Applejuice.

He did see them, still flying through the air, about to hit a giant crystal when suddenly, a gray Kitsune appeared out of nowhere and under the Senri.

Robin was dazed. He wanted to help save Applejuice, but he was struck by fear and could do nothing but watch as with a chilling crack, Applejuice collided with the light gray Kitsune.

Both creatures tumbled into the water.

Slowly and carefully, Robin and Lillie quietly approached the two animals, while Seth and Pug were behind to defend. "What happened?" Applejuice pushed themselves up and rubbed their eyes. They were definitely unharmed. Not the gray Kitsune.

But magically, the savior of Applejuice's life slowly rose to her paws, then trotted off into the wilderness.

"Huh," Robin took one look at where the Kitsune had ran away, then joined Pug.

"There's the camp," Lillie pointed at a distant cave. "Attack!"

But when the team arrived, they were shocked.