Prologue

The Silencer flies into Tarkin province on the First Order frontier world called Raggon on the edge of the Unknown Regions. Upon breaking the airspace of the capital city of Wilhufvan, its pilot Kylo Ren is raised by First Order Intelligence, "Kylo Ren, we received your message that the mission ended in disaster. Where is the rest of the team?"

Through a modulated helmet comes his response, "They died, except for a few New Republic and rebel spies who escaped." The female agent responds oddly bitterly, "So you reported before, but you were supposed to use the codes we agreed upon." Kylo Ren brushes it off, "No Bothans survived this time; now ensure my platform is clear. I don't want any delays."

The Silencer lands, and Kylo Ren walks the short trek to his quarters in the citadel VIP suites. His was one of the first permanent residences in this part of the citadel, with the others reserved for traders and politicians from star systems, governments, and trade unions loyal to the First Order. In his quarters, as he requested, was Kendalina Escher, recently promoted General in the First Order Army. She had supplied the majority of the intelligence for the failed mission, as well as provided insight during its progression.

 She had supplied the majority of the intelligence for the failed mission, as well as provided insight during its progression

She was very good looking for her age, but had clearly not been active in several years. On her hip was a gold plated sidearm from her days in the Old Empire. In fact, she'd even worn her old dress uniform from that time, but with a First Order General plaque instead of her Imperial Colonel one. Absent were the golden aiguillettes the Hammer of Light had adopted when it had abandoned the Empire and allied with the Army of the Sun.

She stood up, saying, "Good evening my Lord..." Kylo Ren flashed a look, visible in spite of the helmet that told her not to address him with his grandfather's title. He asked accusingly, "Did you know Miss Erika would be joining her children? Are you sure your loyalties are with the First Order?" Her response is indignant, "As I've said several times, my loyalty to Lady Erika has always come after my loyalty to the Empire, and now to the First Order. If she believes you are unworthy successors of Palpatine's empire, than she is not my Commander. And if she moves against our glorious Order, she is my enemy."

Kylo Ren sensed no dishonesty, but that meant very little. The Army of the Sun had more strong force wielders than in the rest of the galaxy combined. It was hard to keep track of them all. First were their oldest members, the "young" Knight of truth and justice Rafael, the Jedi Master turned Dark Lord turned Master of Light Rael, and former Jedi Master Ttaz Menon. After Endor they added Lady Erika Ritter and Order of Lumina to their ranks. Somewhere along the way an entire family of dark Kaleesh warriors joined the cause. With all that power, Big Boss and his people have plenty of experience to harden themselves against invasive mind probing like mine.

Kylo Ren reported, "It was a near total failure. Erika lives, as does the heir to the Ritter company... and they don't have to feign neutrality anymore. The attack on the facilities themselves was successful enough, and I was able to acquire something of value, but the results are otherwise unacceptable for a mission led by the greatest warriors in the First Order." The Cyber Warrior was taken and would now be in Big Boss' army... probably experimented on by Nym, since it was the culmination of his work in the first place. The clones too.