Camp (2)

I want to dedicate this chapter to a few lovely persons. @xo-CuteWolves- ho__sanna duke_of_books _lucee_ and lastly my wonderful editor cynthiahaddix2. They have been wonderful to me. Thank you guys.

Sylvie opened her eyes slowly. She was in a small room which had only one tiny window through which very little light filtered in.The room was smelly and reminded her of rotten cheese.

She was lying on a small bed which, in contrast to the room, had suprisingly neat bed clothes.

''You have to rest. It's going to take a while before the effects of the venom leave your system.''

Sylvie turned to her right and saw the boy from earlier sitting down on a wooden chair and watching her.

''My name is Daniel, by the way,'' the boy said, still watching sylvie.

''I'm Sylvie.''

Daniel nodded looking away from Sylvie's face and focusing on something on the opposite wall.

''How did you guys find me? I thought no one stayed on this side of the woods,'' Sylvie murmured.

''We had scouts out. When one of them heard a gunshot, he came back for reinforcements. He figured it might be someone who needed help,'' Daniel said, returning his gaze back to her face.

Sylvie swallowed. Her throat felt really dry, like sandpaper. Maybe it was the after effects of the venom.

''Alright, I'm going to let you rest. Like I said, it's gonna take a while before the venom leaves. Until then, you might feel a bit weak,'' Daniel said, standing up from the wooden chair and moving to the door of the room.

''Daniel,'' Sylvie whispered.

'Yeah?'

''Thank you,'' she said.

''The pleasure is all mine,'' Daniel replied, giving a curt nod.

If Sylvie had not been feeling so weak, she would have smiled. That nod made Daniel look like a timid soilder taking orders from a mean commander.

Daniel left and Sylvie sighed. She was feeling dizzy again...dizzy and tired.

She didn't want to remain here for a long time or she'd risk putting Daniel and the others in danger. Once she was strong enough to walk, she would leave quickly.

The dizziness took over and Sylvie fell into oblivion, letting her thoughts drift.

***********************************

When Sylvie opened her eyes again, it was dark. She could tell beacuse light wasn't coming in through the small window anymore, instead tiny, white stars dotted the night sky.

She couldn't feel the pain in her leg anymore, which meant that the venom had left...for good.

Tentatively, Sylvie put her leg on the ground and she didn't wince.

She stood up and groped her way around the dark room until she found the door that led out.

Once Sylvie was outside, she was reminded of how lovely nature could be if she could just bring herself to like it.

There was a gentle breeze blowing against her hair. The moon was out in all its glory, it's rays caressing the grass on the ground, giving it a magical, soft, silvery colour.

Sylvie accessed her surroundings.

She was in some sort of camp. There were at least eight to ten campfires and each had at least five to six people huddled around close to each other talking, laughing and yelling.