Chapter 5

The next morning, Eiji woke up looking at a destroyed piece of paper on his bed. He picked up all the bits and pieces on his bed and stared at them.

This is what's best for me right...? Just what do I do?

Eiji began to feel as if a huge boulder was placed upon his shoulder. He began to see Hikari in front of him, as she turned around and began to walk away.

Where are you going...?

Eiji reached out to try and grab her, but he couldn't reach her. As their distance grew further and further apart, Eiji tried moving towards her, but his body wouldn't move. He tried talking, but nothing came out.

Wait... Wait! Where are you going!?

Hikari turned around and a man appeared behind her. As he walked forward Eiji's eyes widened as he saw Takeshi with his arms around her laughing.

Why... Why is he there!?

They both turned and began to walk away.

Wait! Don't go with him! You can't trust him! Hikari!

Eiji was brought back to reality with his hands in the air on his bed.

Was that all a dream...? Eiji clenched his hands together and placed one over his face.

Just... What do I do?

Just then loud banging sounds occurred on his door. Unable to ignore the loud sounds, Eiji got out of bed and began walking slowly towards the door, Eiji opened it without checking who it was.

Immediately his collar was grabbed by the person who was on the other side. Eiji opened his eyes to see Ryo in front of him, an expression he never thought he could make, it seemed to look like hatred combined with anger.

"Why...?"

Eiji turned his head looking away from Ryo, unable to even answer his question.

"HOW COULD YOU IGNORE US!? WHY DON'T YOU CARE?"

Eiji remained silent, unable to look at Ryo's face.

"Do you know... Just how you made Takaki and Morino feel!?"

Eiji looked towards Ryo, noticing his expression of hatred and anger shift to sadness when he mentioned both Kohaku and Hikari.

"What do you mean...?"

"When Takaki told us to leave you alone... She cried"

Eiji's eyes widened and he stared right at Ryo

"Why...?"

"Not only that, but Morino began thinking it was her fault for bothering you so much"

"No... It wasn't any of their faults..." Eiji replied as he began to look down once more on thinking what he had done.

"THEN WHY!?" Ryo tightened his grip on Eiji's collar and looked right into Eiji's eyes showing all the tears that he had shed.

"WHY DON'T YOU OPEN UP TO US!? WEREN'T WE FRIENDS!?"

Eiji remained silent unable to speak up

"I see... I guess you never thought of us as your friends..." Ryo let go of Eiji and turned his back on him.

"I'm sorry for bothering you so early in the morning, I'll leave now..."

Why're you leaving? Why can't I talk? Nothing's coming out!

Eiji stared at the back of Ryo as the distance between them grew further and further apart.

Why? Why can't I stop him?