Chapter 1

Unedited

HM? Where am I? Who are these people? Why can't I speak? I thought to myself, looking confused and afraid. All I could see were the blacked out faces of children surrounding me. One kid who seemed to be a boy pointed at me and started to laugh

"Ha ha ha"

Then more and more kids started pointing and laughing

"HA HA HA HA HA"

The laughter would just get louder and louder and I just couldn't take it anymore. I closed my eyes and mustered all my strength to scream the words stop it. Before I knew it, I was back in my room where the alarm just went off.

"Goddammit, it's that dream again"

It was seven in the morning and I just had to have that stupid dream again. "How did I even survive back then?" I muttered to myself. I live alone, so it's always quiet at home, I like the peace and quiet in my life. Ever since my parents left me and moved to America, it's been just myself and no one else. They send me money from time to time, but it wasn't much, just enough for food and manga since they pay for the rent. My home isn't too big; actually it's pretty small, it has a small room for myself with a combined kitchen-living room and bathroom, probably able to fit around 3 to 4 people to be considered "not crowded" even though that will never happen because I try to ignore people due to that dream I have from time to time.

"I should clean up," I groaned as I got out of bed. Luckily my glasses were still on since I was reading manga all night long. I gathered all the manga's surrounding my bed and placed them in my bookshelf, then went to brush my teeth. "Oh yeah, classes start today...". I went to wear my clothes which was just a mere T-shirt and black jeans and made eggs with rice for my breakfast. Hopefully I'll remain alone as a college student like always I thought to myself.

Leaving the apartment, Eiji headed towards the university "it's quiet... I like it" I muttered to myself with a smile on my face.

"HEY! YOU! GUY IN THE GLASSES!"

Huh? Is someone talking to me? Sounds like a girl... Let's just ignore her and walk away faster. Eiji started to speed walk to get as far away as possible from the direction of the voice. 

"HEY! DON'T RUN AWAY WHEN I'M TRYING TO TALK TO YOU!!!"

At that moment, a strange girl tackled me from behind at full speed. Ahhh! That hurt like hell! Eiji sat up and opened his eyes to see a girl with long black hair who seemed to be around 152 cm and had a face that you would see as the kind girl from any manga, but the only problem was her personality... She wore a cardigan over a white shirt and had blue jeans on. The black haired girl grabbed Eiji by his collar with an annoyed look on her face

"WHY DID YOU RUN WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!" tightening her hold on Eiji's collar as if she was gonna choke him to death.

"I, I, I, I DON'T KNOW! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" Eiji raised his hands tapping on the girl's arms to show as if he was surrendering in a fight. It took a while, but he was eventually let go and was able to breath. Eiji looked up to the angry looking girl and wondered how a girl could be so violent.

"Hurt you?! Why in the world would I do that?"

Probably because you tackled me from behind and almost choked me to death!? But if I say that she probably won't let me live... "I don't know... What do you want from me?"

"Oh! I saw you walking the same direction as me and was wondering if you were attending Tokyo University too!"

The girl smiled and reached out her hand, but Eiji ignored it and stood up by himself patting off the dirt on his clothes. Who the hell is this girl!? Why is she talking to me out of nowhere?!