Chapter 1 (Revised)

"It took me a long time to realize this. When it's fate there are no coincidences. Your fate is determined by the choices you make, but there are times when your fate chooses you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside the palace control room......

Lee Gon gently disengaged himself from Jeong Tae Eul's embrace. He rested his arms on her shoulders and held her in his gaze. "I don't want to waste away this night," he said softly.

Jeong Tae Eul's pair of dazzling eyes gaze back at him. She became nervous and anxious.

Just as Lee Gon lowered his head pressing his lips against Jeong Tae Eul's lips, she flattened her palms on the desk, leaning backward, taking his lips gently. Her heart pounded wildly, forcing her took a deep breath to level out her pulse.

Lee Gon steadily removed her coat, dropped it to the desk, proceeding to unbutton her vest followed by her blouse.

Jeong Tae Eul glanced up nervously, quickly looking away, blushing and breathing hard.

The door suddenly swung open. "Pheya," Jo Yeong called out. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped open in astonishment.

Lee Gon and Jeong Tae Eul gasped, shocked to see Jo Yeong standing at the doorway.

Jo Yeong stared at them with a stern face in utter disbelief.

Jeong Tae Eul's face flushed with embarrassment. She buttoned up her blouse covering the white bra covering her breast in desperation.

"Yeong, leave the control room and close the door at once," Lee Gon ordered. He stood in front of Jeong Tae Eul effectively blocking Jo Yoeng's view of her.

Jo Yeong let out a snort of disgust. He walked out of the room closing the door behind him as instructed.

"My goodness. What are we going to do now?" Jeong Tae Eul sighed.

Lee Gon beamed. "Yeong would never disclose this to anyone else. We should be safe," he said with confidence. "Should we proceed to my chambers and carry on with what we were doing?" he asked, giving her a mischievous look.

Jeong Tae Eul raised her eyebrows looking at Lee Gon in disbelief. Seconds later, she nodded and giggled with excitement.

Lee Gon lifted Jeong Tae Eul up in his arms and carried her out of the control room.

Jeong Tae Eul turned the nob, gently pushed the door open.

Lee Gon peeked out the door to see who was there. Certain that there was no one around, he walked quietly and swiftly down the walkway and slipped upstairs into his chambers with Jeong Tae Eul in his arms.

xxxxxxXxxxxxx

The morning sun rose up over the horizon.

Lee Gon laid in bed beside Jeong Tae Eul watching her sleep peacefully. He thought about what happened last night.

Moments later, Jeong Tae Eul slowly opened her eyes. As she gradually came awake, she turned toward Lee Gon, smiled up at him and held him in her arms.

"What would you like to have for breakfast?" Lee Gon moved closer to her and gave her a light kiss on the forehead.

Jeong Tae Eul pulled the covers over her body looking at Lee Gon. "You are the expert. I will eat whatever you prepare," she replied, still half asleep.

"Yes ma'am," Lee Gon said with a grin, as he climbed out of bed and reached for his pants.

"Just make sure it's not too dramatic. And don't wear the navy uniform this time. I don't want the helpers to give me that awkward look," Jeong Tae Eul murmured.