Shogi-part1

I thought the picture was cute and decided to use it.

Vote
Comment
Enjoy

___________________________________________________

"Sakura! I'm leaving so be a good girl!" Sakura nodded as her mother closed the door and left to the bakery shop. Her father had gone to work at the intelligence department, leaving her with five hours to train before the lady next door came to check on her and another two hours before her mother came home.

It had taken her a few days to get used to her new body but she did it.

So she decided to start of her day doing some yoga. She had almost forgotten that her flexibility also needed improvement. After her thirty minute stretch, she did twenty push-ups, squats and sit-ups before doing discrete laps around the village. She didn't really want people knowing she was training, it would make her look like a prodigy and it would bring unwanted attention. It took her two hours top to finish three laps. She decided to add a lap every week and took a ten minute break by eating some a energy bar and drinking mineralized water to get her energy up. She had at least two hours before the neighbor came to check up, and began her to work to expand her charka.

She wouldn't do the tree walking yet, at least not until she was positive her charka control was near perfect. She couldn't risk getting injured, even with her medical knowledge at her side. She decided to let her charka expand around the backyard and see how far she could expand it and keep it stable.

She was pleasantly surprised to be able to expand her charka about three yards away, and keep it there for at least twenty minutes before Inner told her to stop or she'd faint of the lack of charka. She cursed as she fell on the floor light headed by the charka drain. For the next hour or so she would rest for ten minutes and continue. Then when she knew she had about ten minutes until the neighbor came to check on her she took a quick bath and settled with a book in the living room as the door opened. Once the young woman left she found herself in her backyard doing more of her charka exercises until she had forty minutes until her parents came home.

She would take that time to take a bath and set the shogi board up and wait in the yard looking at the clouds, a habit she had gotten from an old friend. She learned to appreciate everything. After all sometimes you don't know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. Old Sakura had so many regrets that she refused to make this time around.

So for the next weeks her schedule was the same as any day, minus the extra laps she was doing. She'd wait in the living room with the Shogi board set out and left outside to watch the clouds, while her mother cooked. When her father came home they'd play a quick yet relaxing game and head to dinner when her mom called. Most people wouldn't think dinners were special, but Sakura loved and treasured every moment she spent with them. Every night she'd hug them goodnight and sleep soundly knowing they were alive.

_____________________________
Two month Time Skip
_____________________________

Sakura sighed as she got up from bed. She checked her clock and noticed it was a few minutes earlier then when she usually awoke but shrugged it off as she walked to the bathroom. She took a quick bath and hurried down stairs. Her mother had already laid out breakfast and was sitting next to her dad who was reading the news paper.

"Ohayo mama, otosan." She murmured warmly as she sat down and murmured a quick Itadakimasu. Her parents shared a look and her mother glared at her father slightly. He flinched slightly and sighed as he rubbed his head.

"Eh, Sakura your mother and I think that perhaps you might want some company. I know children often get lonely mostly if there stuck in a house for seven hours alone."He cleared his throat and continued warily."We both think that perhaps you might want some company of children your own age...."