Chapter 1: Goodbye

'It's going to be okay.' 'You'll get through this' 'They loved you so much.' 'Remember the good times.'  This is all i have heard for the past 3 weeks. My mom and dad are dead and all they have to say to me is 'you'll get through this'? I have no one now. Everything i love is being ripped away from me. I don't know if i can do this anymore.. A knock at the door parts me from my thoughts. When i open it i see a tall, pretty woman with black hair and brown eyes.

        "Are you Alia Blankenship?" She asks me.

        "Yes, I am." I say. She gives me a pitied look. Most likely because my eyes are blood shot from crying so much.

        "I am with the social services. My name is Trisha and i will be your social worker." She says with a smile.

        "I know why you are here. You are going to take me away because I am too young to live on my own. I don't understand that. I am perfectly responsible." I spat.

        "Alia, you are only 16. Your grandparents are waiting outside. They will be signing paperwork while you pack. I also need your signature right here." She points to a paper. I sign my name.

        "What about furniture and my stuff? My parents stuff?" I ask.

        "We have a truck outside for furniture. Anthing you want for sentimental reasons, just tell us and we will get it." She says. I walk upstairs to pack. I have to start completely over. I have to make new friends and get comfortable with new surroundings. I just want to stay here. I think a lot while i pack and then i hear someone knock on my bedroom door. I open it to the men here to move my furniture.

        "Just get it all. I have everything packed." I say as i grab 3 of my bags and walk downstairs. I put them on the front porch and go and grab the rest. My grandpa meets me at the porch and grabs a few of my bags. I grab the rest and we go put them in the trunk. My grandparents are all done signing the papers and we say goodbye to Trisha and leave. As we leave i look back on the house that i was raised in. Where we had good and bad moments. Where we laughed and cried. I will never forget that beautiful old house. Right before i put my earphones in, my grandpa tries to make conversation with me.

        "Alia, honey, I know this is hard. It's hard for me too. You are a strong girl and i know you will do just fine is California. We live in a beach house on the beach. It's new for us too since we just moved so we can all get use to it together." He says.

        "Yeah, pop, that sounds nice." I say smiling. I just lied to my pop. I put my headphones in and turn on my favorite band, Mayday Parade. I have a very very long drive and a very very heavy heart. This is a new chapter in my life and i hope it is the best one yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry it's so short lol. send feedback, loves. <3