talk to me

*ೃ༄ ' 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭: act one, the glade ' *ೃ༄
chapter four ✧₊∘ ✧₊∘  talk to me
( starring; arden cho, ki hong lee, thomas brodie-sangster )
-ˋ₊˚.◽️ © -carqmels_2020

'...i'm offended,
sunshine...'

𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫,            𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫, 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

NEWT HAD LOCKED himself inside the room in the homestead, where he was shifted. He never ate any food and only drank water. Frypan would come during breakfast, lunch, and dinner and knock on the door but he'd only receive 'go away!' as a response. Sometimes he'd even leave the plate outside the door in case Newt changed his mind. The only time that door opened was when Clint and Jeff needed to change his bandages. That was it.

Thalia and Noah would always try to talk to him from behind the door but would end up receiving the same response as Frypan. They hadn't given up and weren't planning on either. Occasionally, Minho would also stop by and greet Newt only to receive the same answer.

Thalia and Minho would wake up every day at dawn and prepare for the day. She was getting more used to waking up early but not used to running in the Maze. Minho and her had taken over their own section that day, section 3. Running with Minho was more exhausting than she could have ever imagined. He was faster than her and even though he insisted that he was going slower, she didn't believe it.

Thalia swung her knife through the thick, green ivy to mark their trail, as she ran. The Maze walls were so high. They blocked the sunlight from reaching the Maze, leaving it in its dark and mysterious state. Their watches were the only things that could tell them the time otherwise they would never know whether it was noon or evening.

The pair had been running for hours now, taking five-second breaks in between. Now was the time that she regretted not telling Nick. She wouldn't be in this position if she had just told him.

She slowed down her pace making her fall a few meters behind Minho. She was tired but she didn't want to say it. Anyways, lunchtime was half an hour away. She could survive till then. Minho slowed down his pace sometimes as well to check if she was fine.

The wind wasn't blowing. The tips of her dark hair stuck to her neck. Her arms were covered in dirt and sweat. Her legs burned with each step she took. Suddenly, Minho stopped in front of her making her stop inches away from him before her body could collide with his.

"I suppose we can have lunch now," he said after checking the time on his watch.

Thalia nodded her head then sat cross-legged on the cold ground. She took off her pack and immediately drank half of her water bottle. She opened her lunch box to reveal a sandwich with an apple and a cookie.