Chapter ♡II

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     
         "A commotion is happening,
        there's a lot of noise. My heart
        has been stolen, I've gotten
         nearer to you.
                                 When the wind
         blows this way, it means love
         has happened."
       ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      

FARIS was entranced. His sapphire orbs had been desperately wandering around to catch the sight of the girl with long chocolate-brown hair again.

The sun had disappeared below the horizon―dominated by the mighty mountains―making the sky wear a darker shade. The cold was starting to seep through the cozy clothes.

Faris sat on a woven bamboo swirl stool, encircled by his cousins who were chattering about the camps? Or bonfire? He wasn't sure and he couldn't care less. His attention was solely fixed on the spot ahead where the friends of the brown-haired girl had pitched their tents. 

But, she wasn't in sight.

Aleena.

Where was she? And, why was he getting so restless to see her again?

Faris's earnest gaze turned darker as he recalled the moment he had met her earlier.

A girl tip-toeing awkwardly on the rugged trail, looking like she could fall any minute.

And, she almost did.

But, Faris's body moved fast enough to stop her, grabbing her dainty little hand and pulling her backwards, making her petite body embrace his tall, sturdy frame.

He reminisced how the abrupt movement caused her beautiful brown locks to sway and wrap around his shoulders.

When she had moved away―letting his azure eyes fall on her face―he had almost stopped breathing.

Those feline-like walnut brown eyes, luscious raspberry lips parted in astonishment, slightly rounded rosy cheeks and a lovely beauty mark on her chin.

He had seen many beautiful faces in his life but never had a face made his heart flutter in his chest.

Never had someone knocked the wind out of him like that.

What was it about her? Why was he losing his senses because of a girl he had just seen few hours ago?

"Faris Bhai!" A high-pitched female voice made his train of thoughts come to a halt, demanding his attention. He turned to the black-haired girl who was frowning at her.

"Yeah what, Aiman?" He finally regarded his younger cousin.

"I've literally called your name three times, where's your attention?" Aiman's frown deepened.

Before Faris could reply, his other cousin, Rehan, beat him to it, "his attention is focused somewhere else, or rather someone else."

Aiman raised a curious brow, "who?"

"The girl in grey coat, I reckon?" The older cousin, Moiz, joined in―figuring  out Faris's little secret.

Faris swallowed hard and clenched his jaw, "what are you guys talking about? I was just a little distracted, that's all."

The family members directed their impish looks to Faris, making him roll his eyes and dismissing them with a wave of his hand but inside, he knew he was distracted.

Distracted by Aleena.

                •─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•