Chapter ♡I

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ "Eventually soulmates meet,
for they have the same hiding
place."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ALEENA looked at the rocky trail in front of her that she had to walk on, to get to the freaking bathroom.

A gust of cold wind blew around, making her―clad in a warm grey pea coat paired with black wool pants―body quiver

Her eyes wandered around the land that surrounded her. The tall mountains ruling the skyline, the top blanketed with snow and the bottom pass coated with lush greenery. The deep woodlands coiled with emerald, gold and red trees stretched as far as the eyes could see. Chirping of birds filled the air, creating a tranquil atmosphere and a picture perfect scenery.

It was breathtaking; the hill station that her friends had chosen for their post-graduation trip.

Although, Aleena wasn't a fan of cold weather―she absolutely hated wearing layers of clothing just to step outside―she couldn't resist her wanderlust. She had been excited when they had departed from the city and headed over to the picturesque place to spend the indispensable break.

But right now, she stood in the middle of the valley, encircled by the cold breeze while her bladder twisted uncomfortably.

She so regretted chugging down a full bottle of water when they were on their way to the Hill Station. Her bladder was howling at her.

She drew in a sharp breath which only made the antsy feeling between her legs worse.

Okay, she needed to get going.

Her feet moved and she rushed to the place where she could free herself from the agonizing pressure, stumbling here and there on her way.

Upon reaching her destination, she thanked her lucky stars that the bathroom was empty and sprung inside.

After relieving herself, she got out, still shivering because of the chilly weather and made her way to where her friends had stopped to take a break before setting up the camps.

The thought of experiencing her first camping with her little group of close friends brought back the excitement as she walked on the trail―her steps resembling of an awkward penguin.

Aleena wasn't even halfway done when suddenly she tripped over an edgy stone, falling forward to hug the rock-strewn floor.

But, she never did.

Instead, a strong force caught her hand and wrested her backwards, making her collide with a hard wall.

An audible gasp escaped her lips and her heart pounded in her chest as she held onto whatever it was that had stopped her from falling with her eyes shut tightly against it.

"Uh, you okay?" A velvety soft masculine voice caressed her ears, causing her eyes to flutter open and lift her head and when she did, her breath got caught in her throat.

Staring right into her dark brown orbs were the most strikingly blue eyes she had ever seen. As blue and beautiful as the field of forget-me-nots. She blinked in awe before her gaze traveled down to a perfectly straight Greek nose, down to a chiseled jaw covered with light stubble, down to pale pink lips and then the realization hit her.

A guy.

Too close.

She was practically hugging him.

Flustered, she unclenched her left hand, releasing the soft material of his dark jacket and drew back, not noticing how her straight long brown hair glided down the blue-eyed stranger's shoulder.