by the light of the moon

even now she can't seem to escape from him

even now she can't seem to escape from him. she can't escape from herself, the person she hates the most. bleu was selfish for thinking she could leave her past behind, selfish for thinking she could find happiness.

running away was what she did best. When things got hard-and with no hesitation- she'd take the easy way out.

she constantly found herself drowning in a frozen lake, as if possible. she gasped and choked, attempting to break past the thick ice that had formed.

and so, here she stands on top of the ledge, looking down at the icy water with a foggy mind. the wind harshly whips her face as she spreads her arms out.

she has no clue as to what had brought her up here. she's afraid to stumble forward.

bleu's balance is unsteady, the wind ever so lightly urging her forward, to take that step forward,into the darkness.

the moon's ever glowing light is reflected into the river, and it's such a pretty sight. perhaps the drop down isn't that wrenching.

it's long past midnight and not a single soul dares to roam about. bleu's insomnia only seems to get worse, every night seems to test her body's limits.

but the sleepless night along with the couple of smokes helps keep her nightmares from catching up to her.

In this very moment, she concentrates on the violent gushes of wind that resonate in her ears, completely losing herself in a time and space where the soul has given up.

the universe trembles in fear at the very sight, it isn't supposed to meddle with human affairs, but it wasn't the first time it has intervened, and it had caused the very end of two kindred souls.

bleu has lost all senses, deaf to the sound of approaching footsteps. one last breath escaped past her lips before the true downpour of the rain began.

at first bleu couldn't hear the sound of the small pup barking. the crashing of the water against the cement was deafening.

the sudden shift of her foot caused her to slip forward. with shut eyes, she prepared herself, there was no more juggling with the affairs of life and death. she was to fall, and it was to be inevitable, but a cold hand that wrapped around her arm prevented her fall.

she pants heavily as she looks down at the pitch darkness and wonders why she hasn't emerged into the freezing waters. bleu looks up and is met with the face of a stranger. his body is pressed against the railing with a look of worry, he shouts at her, but bleu can't make out what he's saying.

his voice is drowned out by the crashing of the rain and the howling of the wind. the small pup continues to yap at his owner, tugging at the end of his jeans.

he offers his other hand and firmly takes ahold of his other hand: pulling her over the rail and back to the solid ground.

he stands before her with his messy golden strands of hair covering his eyes, biting down at his quivering bottom lip. the small pup then picks up the umbrella that was discarded to the side and drops it at the feet of his owner.

the stranger quickly opens the umbrella and scoops up the pup, cradling the pup in his arms. Bleu continues to shiver even after finding refuge under the stranger's umbrella.

he gives his drenched hair a shake and it no longer hides his tourmaline brown eyes. there was this strange silence between the two, they simply stood there.

"Are you alright? "

the rain had oddly come to an end, as soon as he parted his bluish lips to speak the rain had ceased.

she can only offer him a nod. bleu is still in the shock of what she had desired to carry out.

" I must admit miss,

you gave me quite the fright "