Chapter 4

Melody

Jas: " WHAT THE HELL MELODY!"

Me: " What? I told you I didn't want to do this but noooo! I'll give you this much, he is hiding something..." We were in Jasmine's house.

Jas: " HA! What was in there?"

Me: " Just some articles on vampir-"

Jas screamed. " VAMPIRES!? He's into those too!" She basically fangirled right in front of me.

Me: " I guess....but these were newspaper articles, I didn't get to read them though.."

Jas: " Then go back!"

' I don't think you should come back here, because if I see you in that building again, I won't be so nice with you.'

Me: " I don't think I should..."

Jas: " Okay look, I'll go with you this time! Nothing's going to happen!"

Me: " Something will happen Jas! If he catches me back there something'll happen."

Jas sighed. " Then don't let him catch you."

I glared at her.

Jas: " I promise nothing will happen! I'll text you when I'm ready okay?"

No talking her out of it. " Okay." I got up. " I'm going home."

I walked out the door and walked down the street. There's got to be a way to talk her out of going back to that building. The last thing I want is trouble.

" We meet again."

I remember the voice and blush automatically. " Hey, Ray." I turned around.

He smirked at me. " How are you."

Me: " I'm, okay. How are you?" I smiled.

Ray: " I'm fine, you know have a really pretty smile."

Me: " Why thank you." I chuckled.

Ray: " No problem. Are you and your smile free tomorrow?"

Bruh. He's asking me out.

Me: " Yes. Me and my smile have no life."

Ray chuckled." Well I'm sure you and your smile can meet me at the park then."

Me: " Me and my smile would love to."

Ray: " Then I'll see you there Melody." He smiled and walked off.

Okay. I have a date tomorrow. My phone vibrated.

Jas: Okay I'm eager, meet me back in that alley!

I sighed. There's no talking her out of this..

***********************

Me: " Can't we just go home?" I whispered.

Jas: " Noooo!" She whispered back.

Me: " What if he's in there??"

Jas sighed." It's okay. Come on, let's make this quick."

We snuck in the building and looked for articles.

Me: " It's basically a debate on whether vampires are real or not." I whispered reading one of the articles.

I scanned the rest of them and saw one that caught my eye. It wasn't an article, it was like a page ripped from a book, a journal. I picked it up.

I was right all along. They ARE real. I knew one this whole time. But now that I know, I'm going to die.

A picture fell to the ground. I picked it up and my eyes widened. It was a picture of Jacob.

Me: " He's a vampire? Jas, I-"

I turned around but Jas was nowhere to be seen." Jas? This isn't funny where are you?" I whispered looking around the barely lit room.

" You're so hard headed Melody."

Fuck. Shit. Damn.

I turned around only to be pushed against the wall. Red eyes met mine as I tried to break free.

Jacob: " Humans and their curiosity." He growled.

Me: " Where's Jas?"

Jacob: " If anything I should be asking questions Melody. Why did you come back?" His grip got tighter.

Me: " If I didn't go with Jas she was gonna go on her own, I wanted to make sure she was safe."

Jacob: " Well now both of you are in danger."

Me: " Look Jacob, I'm sorry! Please let us-

Jacob covered my mouth." Let you go? Melody I can't do that now. You fucking know too much."

I shook my head and tried to move his hand." You just had to come back. You mortals don't understand that curiosity kills you."

There was a pause, then I felt his breath on my neck.

I started to freak out." MMMM!" I shook my head.

Jacob: " Melody shut the hell up!" He hissed.

I closed my eyes tightly then felt a sharp pain in my neck. It hurt like hell.

I let out muffled screams as Jacob groaned. I literally felt the blood leaving my body. I tried to push Jacob away but I was too weak.

Jacob pulled away." Shit. I can't kill you.."

The room was spinning and I could barely keep my eyes open. Soon enough, I gave in, closing my eyes.

************************************

I opened my eyes to see a ceiling. I sat up and realized I'm in my room.

A sharp pain went through my neck. I flinched.

Jas: " Melody! Sit back!" She laid me back.

Me: " Jas? Where were you?"

Jas: " Knocked out. Happy to be alive. I'm surprised he let you live."

Me: " I'm surprised myself..." Wait.

Me: " Bitch you the reason why I almost got the blood drained out of my body!"

Jas: " I know! I know! I'm sorry! I'll go get a rag to clean your wounds." She ran out of my room.

Me: " Risking my life for her and I almost die." I mumbled.

" Well you should start putting yourself first."

I looked to see Jacob, leaning against the wall.

Me: " Why didn't you kill me."

Jacob: " That's none of your business. Why didn't you listen to me?" He raised an eyebrow.

I didn't answer. Jacob walked closer." Since I can't kill you, I'll watch you and Jas."

Me: " Watch us?"

Jacob: " I don't need the whole town knowing I'm a vampire." He shrugged.

Jas: " Okay this might hurt a li-" She froze and looked at Jacob.

Jacob glared at her. If looks could kill, we'd both be dead.

Jas: " You're not here to kill us, are you?"

Jacob sighed and shook his head." I'm here to make sure you don't tell anyone."

This is going to be interesting