Chapter 20

Zaretcaia's POV

"Zennaida Amezquita, does the name rings a bell to you?" Tanong ni Keller dahilan para mangunot ang noo ko.

Zennaida? Saan ko ba narinig ang pangalang 'yan?

I am starring at nowhere here in the park. I want to shout. I want to scream how painful it is to be in my situation. I want to ask for help but how could I do that when I am smiling in front of them? How can I cry when they taught I am that happy and contented in my life.

"Princess, Duke Sendler is here." My butler, Lawrince informed me in his usual voice.

I smiled bitterly as I heard that name. His name. How I wish I can ruin him but the opposite happened, he ruined me.

I am 17 years old already but I can't find my own strength and voice, literally.

I hate obeying them but I can't refuse because I can't control my body.

I don't want to face him but this damn body just automatically look for that guy and then give a sweetest smile. I know that I look like a teenager looking at her crush.

I know how my blank eyes were sparking right now, just like those couple who were so in love with each other.

I despise him but my actions doing the opposite, literally.

"Hai, Sendler." I greeted while giggling.

He smirked before he leaned on my face and kiss my right cheek. I want to slap him for doing that, I want to attack him for controlling me, I want to kill him for manipulating me and the situation.

But, just like those other days and years, I did the opposite. I giggled like someone's tickling me and I blushed.

Damn it!

"Sendler!" Someone called out his name.

Sendler and I looked at that person in unison. And there, I saw a girl running towards our direction.

In my own perception, the girl was in my age. She just look so matured by how she dress.

I am from a noble family and how we act and dress was always in control. The poise and the stance should always be accurate and in proper.

"What are you doing here, Zennaida?" Sendler asked with any emotion in his face.

I am not shock on his actions anymore. He always smile when it comes to me but cold when there are other people around.

Instead of answering him, the girl named Zennaida looked at me and smiled, "you must me Zaretcaia, Sendler's future wife. Hai! I'm Zennaida Amezquita, Sendler's best friend."

Napatingin ako kay Keller nang maalala ko na, "last time I check, she is Sendler's best friend." Sagot ko sa kaniya.

He nod his head while looking at me, "Sendler sent her to surgery, a plastic surgery to be exact," napakunot ang noo ko sa sinabi ni Keller, "he made her copy your face for his selfish purposes."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa narinig. I knew it! He was just using another innocent to manipulate the situation.

Napakuyom ang kamao ko, galit na galit na talaga ako sa lalaking 'yon.

He ruined my life and now he was ready to ruin another's life.

And I will not let him this time.