25

NEIL POV

We safely reach outside the mansion. The mansion is now burning in fire. Kaira and Karan has still not came outside. We were waiting for them for five to ten minutes. I am worried.

Are they in danger?

Smita aunty started crying. I can see fear in her eyes. At this situation, she is alone, while her children were inside and we had no idea how the situation is inside. I had called the fire brigade, but they had still not arrived.

"Neil, Kaira and Karan is still not come. I am worried. What if something happens to them?" Aunty said while crying.

"Neil, I think we should go inside and see." Professor Saxena said.

"No, Professor Saxena. You wait here with aunty. I'll go inside and get them back." I said.

"No Neil, don't go inside. What if something happens to you?" Smita said worridly and I can understand her situation. Her both children are inside and there is no hint whether they are alright or not.

"Don't worry, aunty. Nothing will happen to me. I need to go inside to check them. You stay here with Professor Saxena. I'll be back soon with Kaira and Karan." I said and moved towards the mansion.

When I entered the mansion, I had great difficulty in walking. The fire had almost reached every corner of mansion. I somehow managed to move towards the kitchen. And when I reached to the entrance of the kitchen, I saw that it was filled with smoke. I tried to locate Kaira and Karan. I can't see anything.

"Kaira"

"Karan"

"Kaira"

"Karan"

I called them several times and there was no response. I decided to go inside. As I moved, the vision became more blurry. I convinced myself that nothing is going to happened to them.

Suddenly, I heard someone sobbing. I scared more. I went further and found Kaira sitting down on floor, while Karan lying on her lap. What happened to Karan? I ran towards them.

I sat down besides Kaira. Karan's head was injured as if something had fallen on him. The blood was flowing from his head. Kaira was crying loudly. Both of them realized my presence.

"Neil" Kaira sobbed and called my name.

"What happened to Karan?" I asked and went to the other side, opposite of Kaira. I took Karan's hand in mine, whereas his other hand was in Kaira's hand.

"Karan saved me. I was suppose to die. Karan pushed me and took the collapsing wall on him." Kaira explained.

"We need to take him in hospital." I said.

"No, I won't be saved." Karan said tighting his hand grip.

"Karan, nothing will happen to you. Neil, help me in taking Karan in hospital." Kaira cried.

"Listen to me Kaira, I don't think I'll make out. I know it's my end."

"Just shut up, Karan. I won't let anything happen to you. You will be fine." Kaira shouted between her sobs

"Neil, at least you try to act smart. I know I won't survive. At least let me finish what I never said." Karan said as if he wanted to tell what's deepely residing in his heart.

"Karan, I am not going to listen your bullshit. Let's move from here." I protested.

"Neil, I was wrong. I didn't listen to your side that day. I knew you loved Kaira and I know you still are in love with her." Karan said looking at me. I felt that he was guilty, although it should be opposite. I should be guilty and truth to be told, I am still. It was my mistake to let Kaira and Karan exit out of my life.

Karan looked at the other side towards Kaira and continued, "Kaira, since I am in my last phase of my life. I wanted to tell you that never leave Neil's hand. He is right person for you. I know you also loved him. I wanted him to be there with you after I die and I know he will."

He raised my hand a little and placed Kaira's hand on it.
"You both are made for each other. Neil, never leave my sister. Take care of her. Be her support after me. Kaira, stay with him forever and never quit on him. This is my last wish and I hope you both will fulfill it."

"Karan, don't stay this. Don't leave me alone. What I am going to tell Mom and Dad? How I am going to face them?" Kaira said trying to control her sobs.

"Kaira, tell mom and dad that I love them and I will always with you all. I know they will be broken after I went and you need take care of them. Now they are your responsibility. And also, take care of my company. I know you were against of joining my company. But since I won't be there, it will now yours. Don't let my hard work to get waste. Let KM company flourish and you have to take it ahead." Karan said before closing his eyes.

Kaira cried louder and even I couldn't control myself as Karan took his last breath.

*****************************
A/N

Did you expected Karan to die?
How is the new twist in the story?
Vote this chapter.

This is not the actual end, as Epilogue is yet to be updated.
Excited for epilogue???
Tell me your reviews through comments.

All endings always need not to be happy, it can be sad too. But what is more important is to have a perfect ending.
The end is near, so better not forget to share.

Yours truly,
Prapti