Chapter 1

Chapter 1. Hope
It's a cold dark day in this year 2015 in the dreadful town of mystic falls. Where creatures similar to me only come out during the night or during full moons. Hi my name's Hope and I'm 20, I'm quarter witch and a hybrid and a vampire. Life has been hard in Mystic Falls given the vampire hunters and hybrids trying to take over. My father is a hybrid and my mother is also; she's also a queen like figure of a wolf pack so, I guess I'm royalty. There were people who tried to hurt me but my parents saved me from my own kind, witches. They knew what I was to them an abomination to nature. So as protection against my parents enemies, knowing that I was their vulnerability, they sent me away with my fathers sister, Rebecca. My parents enemies and the city of New Orleans had to believe that the witches who tried to kill me, did kill me. I know that they never knew my name so I'm glad that I got to keep my name. I've never seen my parents, never even heard their voices. Now I'm looking for them, searching for anything that can tell me where they are. I guess you can say I'm hunting down my parents to get the pleasure of actually meeting them. I'm 20, I have the right to finally meet them. I know how to fight, I know how to protect myself, I'm no longer that helpless baby who was given away anymore. I'm strong. I'm leaving tomorrow night with my friend Caroline to go to New Orleans. I've found their location there is to be a masquerade ball tomorrow night at their house I'm assuming it's a mansion. It's funny how I know so much about how I came to be, and how I ended up here yet I know nothing but bad things about my parents, mainly my father. I'm just glad I have friends to help me and because they're vampires they look around my age. Like Stefan Salvatore, he's funny but just to serious at times; it gets annoying. Anyways, Stefan helped me with the bloodlust and I guess he's like my father figure, he's my most trustful friend, he's helped me cope with the fact of where I am and who I am and what I am. He was the one to tell me everything. Rebecca, my aunt, couldn't handle it, she's out of town visiting her boyfriend or what I like to call him her boy toy mat Donavan.