twenty four

twenty four

warnings: bomb, blood, death, murder, violence, corpses, and, of course, angst.

Valerie

"You know what happened at the hospital?" Ethan questioned angrily.

"I know more than that," said Stiles, breaking eye-contact with me and looking over at Ethan. He walked towards a duffle bag laying on the ground and picked up a set of blueprints. "You see this? It's a blueprint of the hospital's electrical wiring. You see all these markings in red? That's my handwriting."

Scott and I crouched down beside Stiles, examining the blueprints more closely.

"I know I did this. I caused the accident."

I looked over at Stiles, my brows drawn together. I had expected there to be more emotion in his voice. I was so used to hearing him holding back tears by now I had expected it. He certainly had gotten better at hiding his emotions. Maybe I was a bad influence on him.

"And everything in this bag," Stiles folded up the blueprints so that we could see the rest of the bag's contents, "it's all stuff that could be part of something bigger."

Ethan picked up an electrical saw of sorts that had been broken in half. "What have you been up to?"

"I think something worse. A lot worse."

We brought up the bag on a table, and Ethan and Aiden started ruffling through it, bringing out all of its contents. Chains, ropes, duct tape, and shit.

"What the hell were you doing?" I asked Stiles. "Building a terminator?"

"Thank you for that," he said sarcastically.

"Guys, this is a map," said Scott, folding out the piece of paper and laying it on the table.

"Isn't that the cross country trail?" asked Ethan, trailing his finger along at the trail filled in with the same red marker used on the blueprints.