Ch. 1

Walking up the stairs to his new apartment, Vanden was having a mild panic attack. My new roommates can't know who I am! What am I going to tell them my name is? Jake? No. Brian? No. Ahh, I'll just have to come up with something on the spot then. Crap, I'm here. It was true, he had arrived at apartment 31b and was now standing outside the door. Vanden sighs and slips his copper key in the keyhole. The door quietly clicks open and doesn't creak as he pushes it open. He walks into the small mudroom and closes the door behind him. To his right is a row of coat hangers nailed into the wall and to his left is a small white wooden plaque with six small silver hooks for keys hanging down from it. Two keys were already placed oh the first two books, a brown metal one and one painted with electric blue paint and yellow lightning bolts.

Vanden could here voices coming from somewhere in the apartment. He exits the mudroom into a living room with a two brown recliner sofas and a matching chair. To his immediate left is a hallway with seven doors and to the right of the hallway is an open archway to the dining room. In the dining room is a good sized scrubbed wooden table with six chairs around it. Three on either side. On the back wall of the living area is a half wall, that serves as a kind of bar, and behind that is the kitchen. Stood at the bar are four industrial looking black bar stools.

In the dining room, two unfamiliar figure are chatting. A dark skinned girl with side shaved electric blue hair and a huge scar running down the right side of her face, sits on the table. She's wearing a bright red tank top, dark blue ripped denim shorts and a yellow hoodie around her waist with shiny black combat boots on. A tall boy with pale skin and turquoise hair (what is with the crazy hair colors?) stands next to her, he wears a white tee-shirt, loosefitting lightwash jeans, and some black sneakers.

Vanden walks over to the chatting pair and and clears his throat. The blue haired girl looks up at him, "hello, The names Elyse!" She says, reaching out to shake his hand. Vanden shakes it quickly before letting go "Renard" Renard? He looks over at the boy. "Nice to meet you! My name's Astra! I like your hoodie!" Astra says. The hoodie in question is a overly large maroon hoodie. It covers his torso and arms and hangs the way an oversized hoodie does. Underneath that, he is wearing black skinny jeans, maroon van's that match his hoodie, and his ginger hair is in a half up half down style.

Just then, the door opens again and another set of footsteps comes into the apartment. Va... Renard's breath hitches as a very handsome dark skinned young man walks in. He has black hair that is styled in the i-woke-up-like-this-but-also-took-two-hours-to-style-it-this-morning style. He has gold henna tracing up his arms and on his forehead. He wears a sheer navy blue shirt, very tight black skinny jeans, and new looking black converse. Renard and this handsome mystery man make eye contact and the stranger winks at him. Ren blushes a light pink and turns away. Elyse hops down off the table to go make introductions. Astra goes with her, while Renard stays behind. The man introduces himself as Cassian. When Renard says his fake name, a look of confusion crosses Cassian's face, "huh, I swear I recognize you from somewhere but I don't know anyone by the name of Renard. Guess you must look like someone I know then?" Renard sighs a little in relief that he hadn't been recognized, "guess so."

Cassian then turns and goes to look at all the rooms. Renard follows him a second later. "Desperate to talk to me aren't you?" Cassian says without looking back at him. "No! I just wanted a look at the rooms." Renard replies, a little too quickly. Cassian chuckles and say, "from what I can tell, they're all the same. Those two over there" he points to the first two doors on the left side, "have already been taken. By the other two I assume. I'm taking this one" he geatures to the third door on the left wall, "which leaves those three free" he finishes, waving a hand towards the other three doors. Vanden looks in the other three rooms before choosing the one opposite to Cassian's. He gets the feeling that his other roommates will appreciate having windows and this room is the only one that doesn't have one. Take one for the team, I guess. It's like a jail cell in here. He flips the lightswitch and the room is filled with a dim white light. In the room there is a full sized bed, a black desk with a black office chair, a good-sized closet (not walk-in, but spacious), a chest at the end of the bed, a 36 inch TV hanging on the wall, and a dresser.

Renard walks out of the apartment again and starts to bring up some of his boxes. As he is grabbing the last one from the trunk of his maroon Cooper Mini, he hears a familiar voice call out, "V!" Renard turns to see the figure of his best friend, Aroseia, walking towards him, leaving her twin sister and other friend chatting by her black Chevrolet truck. Her hair wafts out behind her as she runs toward him. Today she is wearing a white tanktop, black skinny jeans that are ripped at the knees, and beat up black converse. Her trademark black leather jacket is currently slung over the side of the flatbed of her truck.

She hugs him and at that moment, Cassian walks out of the house and towards a white convertible. Cassian sees the pair of them and walks over to the instead. "Why hello there, the names Cassian." Cassian says, reaching out his hand. She shakes it, "Aroseia, but everyone calls me Arose" Cassian turns to Renard "Is this another one of our roommates, Renard?" A look of confusion passes over Arose's face before being quickly replaced with understanding. "No actually, I live a couple doors down from y'all. I've got to get back to Lilly and Cam. Nice meeting you, Cassian. Bye, R!" She says as she turn and walks back over to her truck. The trio talks for a second longer before taking off into the building.

"Girlfriend?" Cassian asks.

"What? No! Best friend. Since kindergarten. Why?"

"No reason, just wondering" Cassian says nonchalantly, but there is a look in his eye... Relief maybe? Cassian then walks back to his car and grabs a box from the trunk.

Renard just turns and grabs his last box. He heads up to the apartment. On his way up, he hears from behind him "It's all about the arms, ya know?" He slows and turns to see two figures walking up the stairs behind him. One very short, pale girl with white hair and one freakishly tall tanned boy with short black hair. The shorter girl wears a faded lavender dress that looks like it's been worn over and over again for many years and brown braided sandles. She is carrying a box that hides most of her body. The taller boy is wearing overalls, a white undershirt, a red bandana around his neck, and a sunhat. He is carrying multiple boxes with him. Renard just walks back into the apartment and he notices that they follow. They stop ackwardly in the mudroom.

Ren sighs and turns. "My name's Renard, you must be the last two of our roommates. Elyse, Astra, and Cassian are already here. I'll show you the two room that are empty. Sorry but we already choose ours." He leads them down the hallway as the taller boy introduces himself as Boblem and the short girl introduces herself as Sariel. They choose their rooms and start to unpack. Sariel walks back out of the house two more times, bring one box at a time, before Renard stops her.

"Need some help?" He asks her gently

"Please! If you would." She sighs before giving his a small smile. "My cars this way" she then leads Renard to a very small light blue car. The trunk is open and there are seven boxes left. They make one trip up, each of them carrying on box, before Elyse comes to help as well. The trio make 2 more trips to get all the boxes inside. "Thanks a lot, guys. I really appreciate it."

"Yeah, of course. Did you make sure to lock your car?" Elyse replies. Sariel nods shyly. "I'm all unpacked already, would you like me to come and help you?" The taller girl asks her. Sariel blushes and shakes her head. Elyse nods and retreats to her room, Renard back to his.

*You know what, I'm going to leave it there. Hope you enjoyed this first chapter. 1518 words y'all! I figured I'd leave so introductions for later episodes so I don't bored you to death. lol. I'm sorry if this is a steaming pile of crap, this is my first continuous story so yeah. I'm excited about it and I hope you are too. See you soon loves!
  ---Alex C.*