Ch. 4

{Just after breakfast, Elyse and Astra for you folks! Possibly some Aerenthius for you too?}

--

When the two got to the park, Astra hopped out of Elyse's beat up jeep. "You know, i think I prefer walking to your driving style" Astra says. "And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" Elyse asks playfully.

"Oh nothing, just that you toppled over 2 mailboxes, possibly killed a cat, and nearly ran over an old lady on the way here. That poor cat." Astra replies.

Elyse rolls her eyes and says, "i'll pick you up when my shift is over in a few hours. If you want to go earlier than that, you can walk."

Astra nods and goes to find a bench with a good view to draw from. After walking for around 10 minutes, he finds a nice little bench that has a good view on the lake and trees in the park. Drawing always calmed Astra down, particularly after a stressful day. As happy and friendly and carefree he may seem, he misses home a lot more that he expected too. His mom couldn't come with him to this big city, neither could his siblings, so he was on his own for now. He hoped these new people would be his friends and make him feel at home a little. It certainly seemed his wish was going to come true.

He took out the old sketchbook that his sister made him at school, smiled at the cover which was covered in badly painted designs of leaves and vines but he wouldn't trade it for the nicest sketchbook in the world, and opened to the first empty page. He drew the water and the trees in incredible detail. He was completely unaware of the man walking towards him until he plopped down on the bench beside him.

"Nice drawing. I didn't know people as pretty as you could draw so well, care to draw me next?" The mystery man said, making Astra jump.

Astra looked up at who had just spoken and found himself unable to look away. Before him sat the most stunning man he'd ever seen. His slightly tanned skin glistening in the morning sun, his shoulder length black hair tied in a low ponytail at the back of his head, his wide deep brown eyes. He was wearing a red and white letterman jacket, a white shirt, black ripped jeans, and bright red converse. Pretty eyes, nice hair, handsome face, pretty cool jacket Astra could totally steal. He was perfect.

Astra was dumbfounded, he couldn't speak, couldn't hear, couldn't move in any way whatsoever. He was a stuttering mess. The mystery man waved his hand in front of Astra's face a couple times, "Hey, i know im hot as hell but are you okay?"

Astra shakes himself back to reality, puts down the sketchbook and holds out his hand. "M-my names Virdent Astra. E-everyone calls me A-astra though. Just Astra is fine." The mystery man laughs and shakes Astra's hand, "The names Aerenthius Van Wymark. My friend Jocelyn was supposed to meet me here today but I've been walking around for an hour and a half waiting for her and she never showed so I'm here, talking to you."

Astra laughs a little before picking up his sketchbook again. "Were you serious about wanting me to draw you? Or were you joking, because I can draw you if you want me too." Astra asks him without looking up. "No. No, no, no. It would be so cool of you drew me, no one ever has before." Aerenthius smiles and Astra blushes.

"I don't see why not" Astra mumbles under his breath.

"What was that sweetheart?" Astra blushes more.

"D-don't call me that, you've known me for what? 5 minutes?"

"Yeah, and you're drawing me."

"Yeah, okay. Thats true, I guess" Astra replies. Aerenthius sits with one leg pulled up onto the bench, the other stretched out towards the floor, facing forward looking out over the lake. Astra starts working on the basic outline. It doesn't take very long before he starts to draw the beautiful details of the man in front of him.