Kole Grant

Hey, I'm Kole. No C, just a K. Tomorrow is my first day at Olympia Architecture, one of the largest firms in the country.

The owners are brother and sister, although if you ask anyone, they'll tell you the sister's in charge. They started it up in California when she was only 19 and still going to school. they ran it for about 4 years out west before heading here to New York, managing the business from new head quarters. She's only 24 now, but the work they do is incredible and they've been hired on many occasions by huge names and businesses.

So, who's this woman you may ask? None other than Annabeth Jackson. Wow, even her name makes me smile like a love sick puppy.

Due to her young age and immediate success, her name is pretty well known. She tries to keep her private life private, but I've learned enough about her through articles and interviews to know just what kind of person is.

Sweet, kind, strong, determined, beautiful... the list goes on!

Because I'm one of several new recruits starting this week, we've all been invited to her house tonight for a welcome party of sorts. And I have to make a good impression.

As I drive towards the location, I finally take a look at my surroundings. To no surprise, the area was beautiful. Towering mansions, luxury cars, large gardens and fountains adorning the houses.

As I followed the address, I finally recognized her home. And oh my gods, it was gorgeous. She must've designed it herself.

So, itty bitty side note here, you may have heard me say gods, plural, well that's because I may or may not be a demigod.

I know, impressive right? My father is Vulcan, the Roman aspect of the Greek god Hephaestus.

I tidy up my brunette hair before anxiously stepping out of the car as I notice the many other vehicles already on the street.

Crap! I must be running late!

I anxiously rang the doorbell as the most beautiful woman I've ever met answered the door, her grey eyes glistening and her curly blonde hair sitting in a loose ponytail.

"Hi! You must be Kole, right?"

I shyly nodded, ecstatic. She already knew my name!

"I think you're the last one here! So, let's get ready to eat."

I grinned as I followed her in. There were lots of pictures in the foyer, none of which I paid attention to. I was too nervous to take in the elegant and beautiful scenery as I walked into the kitchen, noticing 8 other new employees and another man waiting around a large table.

Annabeth brought out trays from the kitchen, setting the dishes around the table as I sat down.

"Welcome, everyone. My name is Annabeth Jackson. CEO and cofounder of Olympia Architecture. And this is my brother."

"Hey guys!" He greeted, "I'm Malcolm Pace, Annie's half brother," he smirked as she glared at him, "and I'm a manager and cofounder at Olympia as well. We opened this company almost five years ago, and we're very excited to have you join our team."

"Yup!" Annabeth agreed, "but first we wanted to get to know you. Tonight isn't about work, we'll worry about that when you start tomorrow, but our company is like our family. The people we grow to love and know, and who we depend on to keep our brand number one in quality and sales. And trust me, we're used to having a big family. So, let's eat!"

Everyone eagerly dug in to the meal, grinning and laughing as we ate. I could definitely get used to working with these people.

"So, Ms Jackson,"