Chapter 1

Hinata's POV

Today marks the day of the summer training camp, where we will work with such great schools. It will be a nice opportunity for us to get better, so then we can beat every team that we will come across. At last, we can all focus on getting better, and being the best we can be. Maybe this time, I can prove Kageyama wrong. I will prove to him that I am someone that he can set to! 

As I'm in class all I think about is how I will master my new quick attack. I hate being here, the team is already playing and I want to play! I am going to push myself to be a better me, I will get better. I will not let others walk over me like I'm nothing, I will be the next Tiny Giant! 

I finish my work, and I don't bother to look at Kageyama. I can feel his eyes resting on me as the teacher comes by and checks my work. I still think about the fight we had in the gym... I hate thinking about it, and it bothers me. "Your selfishness is going to destroy the team's balance! I'll toss to anyone who's essential to winning." Those sentences have been echoing in my head ever since he told me that. I just don't understand why he would say or do the things he did that day. It was very hard to forget, more or less forgive him.

A part of me had to forgive him though... Something deep down told me that I needed to step past it, and tuck it away. And so I did, but he still seems bothered by it. Maybe I shouldn't have asked him to practice with me that night. It was late and we had a long day, I should've just called it a night. But what's in the past is in the past now, there is nothing more I can do. 

At last once me and Kageyama get permission to leave, we race out the door. I've never felt more excited and anxious to get somewhere before. Now starts the adventure I've been waiting for. 

After waiting in the front in silence for a bit, Tanaka's older sister came and picked us up. I quickly sit in the passengers seat, while Kageyama sat in the back. After Saeko ( Or Big Sis according to her ) finally stops recklessly driving, I can finally relax a bit. Surprisingly Kageyama drifted to sleep soon after that, and the car was back to being filled with silence. 

I look out the window and I catch a glimpse of Kageyama sleeping. He's extended across the whole three seats in the back, and is kinda curled up to fit on them. I can't help but smile just seeing the view... It almost makes me forget what happened a few days ago.    

Kageyama's POV

I had no idea that Tanaka had an older sister... But I did expect her to be a good driver, and to get us to the camp on time. She had been keeping Hinata busy while I drifted off asleep in the back. I woke up to them talking about the Tiny Giant. Every time you get into a conversation with Hinata, he always brings up his idol. I can't blame him, we all look up to someone who inspires us. 

No one has noticed my awakening so I decide to eat a rice ball to help with my hunger. I look out the window as we take an exit off the highway. Are we almost there?  As I look around outside, I accidentally catch a glimpse of Hinata through the reflection of the window. He looks at me for a split second and all I can think about is what I said to him the day we fought. I mean it was true, I was going to toss to someone who was essential to winning... "I want to be strong enough to compete by myself!"  And I defiantly didn't want him to think that he can be strong just by himself, so that's why I told him that. But after hearing him say that made me worry, I didn't want him to turn into me. Because of what I thought, everyone hated me. And that's when I became known as the"king of the court."

I mean with Hinata, things probably would've ended up different, but I didn't want to risk it. He may think that I'm not bothered by it, but I am. I want to take back everything I said, but at the same time, I think we just needed to get things off our chests. Hinata means too much to me for him to go down the wrong path. He has so much talent but doesn't quiet see it just because of his own height. I don't know why I tease him about it, but for some reason I like getting him upset. It's weird... Usually I say things to insult people like Tsukishima. And I don't feel bad about it at all, but with Hinata it's different. And sometimes at random moments I say something really stupid in front of him, and then I have to act all cool about it. Sometimes it's hard having to act all tough when sometimes you're not.  

"Oh you're awake. And you're... eating?!" Big Sis says to me. "Oh uh yeah. I was bored and hungry." I say. Big Sis laughs and continues talking about her encounter with the Tiny Giant. 

Ten minuets later, we finally make it to our destination, and me and Hinata get out of the car. We both bow and thank her for driving us, even though she could've killed us in the process. After that we both run to the main entrance, as we get closer we can hear the noises of squeaky sneakers coming from the gym. "Nice receive!" I hear someone say. At last, we're finally here.

I move my arm to open the door and didn't notice that Hinata was already doing that. I grab his hand on the handle and quickly let go. "I'm sorry." I say to him. I want to add, "Next time watch what you're doing dumbass." But I can't bring myself to say it to him. "It's okay." He says silently. After that we just stood there, not doing anything. 

Maybe now would be a good time to tell him how I felt about our fight... "Hinata," I began to say. "Kageyama," He cuts me off right as I was about to say what I've wanted to tell him. "I will work as hard as I can, and I expect you do the same. I will become someone you can rely on on the court!" And with that, he opens the door and makes his way inside.

Authors Note 

I will try to upload more often!!!!! Hope you liked the first chapter. :D