2. Mr. Khadus

Amaal blinked rapidly as Noori explained her everything

Amaal blinked rapidly as Noori explained her everything. With each word, Haider regretted coming here. When Dr. Geiti advised him, she didn't mention anything about meeting this mad woman. Also, he couldn't help but compare the siblings, though they are twins they are poles apart in nature. One is calm and the other is a hurricane.

He zoned out for a moment but was brought back to reality when he heard Amaal arguing with Noori, - 'You should have warned me,' – she huffed as she collected the bedsheet and dumped it on the bed, - 'I would have arranged everything and changed,' – she sniffed her under her arm and scrunched her nose. Haider held in the rush of bile to his mouth and looked away.

'Or bathed.' She whined.

Noori placed her hands to her hips and pressed her lips tightly, - 'Amaal, it is mid-afternoon, and you haven't yet bathed? It is unlike you.' She reprimanded her. Amaal doesn't pay much attention and gets busy in arranging the room. Haider realized it will take an eternity, so he cleared his throat and looked at Noori.

'Um, Miss. Noori. I want to freshen up—' He hesitated. Noori smiled warmly and asked him to unpack. She looked at Amaal, who looked back with a bunch of clothes gathered in her arms.

'Show Mr. Zaidi the bathroom and. Behave.' She said strictly.

Once Noori had left Amaal dropped the piles of clothes and hurried to him.

'Haider!' She placed her palm over his shoulder, and he looked sharply at her. She retracted her hand back.

'You can call me, Mr. Minhas. Miss. Jaffery.' He said in a formal tone. Amaal chuckled in response.

'We are roommates now, Haider. And we are equal.' – she placed her elbow on his shoulder and he shrugged her hand.

'Why are you so irritating?'

'And why are you so Khadus?'

Amaal asked him to sleep in the down bunker as hers was the top. Haider readily accepts. She explained to him the timing and the rules. The kids and old people, nurses were resting. They are strict with their timing, especially the afternoon nap for kids. That is why no kids were found anywhere in the garden and there was silence everywhere. She also informed him about the Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, it's timing and menu. All the while, Haider unpacked keeping his ears to her.

Haider was slightly disappointed as there was no bathtub. Then, he reminded himself that he was not in his luxurious villa or a hotel. He sighed throwing the towel on his shoulder and walked in. He locked the door and looked around before stripping and stepping under the shower. He was relieved that there was hot water.

As he bathed, he heard loud bells, as school bells rang and an announcement sounded, - 'All kids assemble in the hall, snacks will be served shortly. Elderly, please do come to hall 2 for snacks and beverages.'