Just Another Phone Call

Annabeth Chase:

"Annabeth Chase? It's Percy Jackson. I think you and I need to have a little talk."

My eyes widened. Now I was awake.

I quickly sat up and glanced nervously at A.J. She had one leg sticking out from the blankets and dangling off the bed. Her arms were curved weird and her hair was in her mouth. Gross.

"Oh! Um yes of course! How are you Mr. Jackson?" I rambled off nervously. Oh Gods this is so bad...A.J groaned and pointed to the door.

"Take it outside Blondie." She mumbled before turning over in the bed. I nodded and quickly ran out into the living room. Owen was sleeping too but I jumped on him as Percy answered.

"I'm doing alright. I'm leaving the hospital now." Owen grumbled but sat up when I started to smack him. My face paled at his news.

"Oh?" I squeaked out. Oh Gods I'm going to jail. "What were the damages?"

Owen's head perked up and he tiredly rubbed his eyes. Checking the clock I could see it was only nine. I mouthed 'Percy Jackson!' to him and he smirked. Chuckling quietly to himself he leaned back against the couch and watched me stutter nervously.

"Oh nothing to bad considering. I have a pretty bad sprained ankle though. I gotta try and stay off of it for a while. Oh and a lump on my head from where I hit the concrete." He rattled off smoothly. I gulped as guilt flooded through me.

"Mr. Jackson I am so sorry! We were on our way to a radio interview and had to take a back road to make it in time. Let me make it up to you. I'll uh...I'll pay the medical bills!" I cried out a little desperately. I really feel awful about this.

Owen smiled at me comfortingly and took my hand in his. I gave him a look but continued to squeeze his hand. I needed something to calm me down! I only let go when I saw his hand turning white. Oops...

"Oh no Miss. Chase I'm not calling you to press charges or anything like that. You don't need to pay my bills; they were already taken care of."

"Then what can I do? Mr. Jackson I really want to make this up to you." As an after note I added. "Oh and please. Call me Annabeth."

"Well Miss- um Annabeth. I actually called because I wanted to meet with you. It's easier to forgive a person if you hear their apology face to face."

I nodded rapidly then mentally face palmed. Right he can't see me.

"Um yeah! Totally. I uh... when are you free?"

"Well I don't have any roles lined up currently and I can't really do anything with my foot. So the question would be when are you free?"

I actually don't know what are plans are. I grabbed our little notebook off the table. Our Melting Pot is an organized band. We mark down events we have scheduled. I flipped to the month of January. Today is the seventh so let's see what we have planned these next two weeks.

"Okay um I'm looking right now." I told him quietly. Owen had fallen back asleep so I grabbed the book and stood up. I walked into the kitchen.

"So um today's what? Thursday?"

Percy's chuckle was heard on the other end and I blushed lightly. I smiled a little awkwardly and thanked the gods he wasn't here to see it.

"Yes Annabeth today is Thursday."

"Okay well we have performances scheduled for tomorrow and Saturday. Then Sunday through Wednesday we'll be in New Mexico. We're helping some kids with their play; they're using some of our songs. Uh then next Thursday we have a TV interview. We don't have anything planned next Friday but I don't think you want to wait a week for an apology."