Just Another Plan For Fame

Annabeth Chase:

I adjusted my ponytail and smoothed out the imagery wrinkles on my clothes. Next to me Natalie was reapply her lipstick, smacking her now red lips together. She was wearing a blood red ruffle shirt and black jeans. Red flats on her feet. Her hair was left down and wavy.

I was wearing black jeans and a white tank top. I had on a red jacket but it was unzipped. On my feet I was wearing my owl socks (not that anyone would know that) and my red converse. Matthew and I got em a few days ago. I already love them.

We decided on the colors red, white and black so everyone was wearing them. Owen had on red jeans and a black T shirt. He was wearing awesome white vans. I don't know how he keeps them so clean. A.J was wearing white jeans, ripped at the knee and a black shirt with red polka dots. She borrowed my black boots.

My brother was wearing black jeans and a white T shirt. Simple black shoes on his feet. I turned to give him a mocking glare.

"You don't have any red you spaz." I pointed out teasingly. Natalie fluffed her hair and turned around and gave him a quick kiss before turning around like nothing happened.

I held in a snicker at his startled expression but it got better. Since she had red lips Natalie passed on the color. Matthew was now sporting ruby red lipstick. And I don't think he knows. He just smiled goofily before taking Natalie's hand.

The red light flashed on and off so we all shuffled into the small room. Today we were doing a radio interview with 33.8 FM with The Boxer. Weird name but the guy is pretty awesome. He smiled at us and offered a wave as we all sat down. We all slowly put on the headphones and tried to avoid hitting the five microphones placed in front of us.

I was sitting in the middle of the five chairs. Natalie was to my left, Matthew next to her. Owen was to my right and A.J was next to him. I smiled just as the red light went on. The Boxer did his intro and then started to announce us.

"Welcome back audience! Here with me I have Our Melting Pot! I have all five members smiling and eager to answer the question you have submitted in. In a couple minutes we'll be taking calls so be sure to pick up that phone and dial! Let's let them introduce themselves."

He took a sip of his water bottle and gestured to us. I leaned forward so I was closer to the microphone.

"Hey guys I'm Annabeth Chase. Lead singer of Our Melting Pot." I spoke timidly. Owen nudged me teasingly and leaned forward.

"Owen James here. Piano player extraordinaire!" I giggled into the microphone and he smiled at me. A.J rolled her eyes but leaned forward to speak in a rough tone.

"Sup? A.J Harris. Lead guitarist." I leaned back in my seat and waited for Natalie to introduce herself. She smiled sweetly.

"Natalie Harper here! Bass." She smiled over at my brother and he grinned before wrapping his arm over her shoulder, making me roll my eyes.

"And I'm Matthew Chase. Drummer." He spoke confidently. I leaned forward so the microphone would hear me and looked over at him.

"And the biggest loser of all time. Nice lipstick there bro." I teased. He quickly wiped his mouth and glared at me. He then used the hand that was wrapped around Natalie to smack the back of my head. I winced and rubbed it.

"Ow! Boxer he smacked me!" The Boxer smirked and chuckled before holding out his hands.

"Okay children behave or I'll put you both in the ring!" I smiled and rolled my eyes at the pun before leaning back in my seat. I could vaguely feel Owen's arm on the back of my chair.