Just Another Missed Chance

*2 months later*

Annabeth:

I glanced over at AJ as we waited for the red light to appear. She hadn't announced us yet; I still have time. I nudged her gently and she looked at me. I smiled sadly.

"Still haven't talked to him huh?" I asked quietly. She bit her lip and shook her head.

AJ told me a few months ago that she kissed Ryder when he was drunk. She never told me in the car because she was still freaking out. After that Our Melting Pot got so busy I barely had time to see Percy, so she barely saw Ryder. The poor guy really did try to get ahold of her though. He called and texted and even showed up at the apartment a few times. Eventually he had to leave for Montana for a few gigs. He's been gone for three weeks and I know AJ misses him.

"You're going to have to decide what you want you know." I hinted. "We're leaving for our tour in a month. If you want a relationship with him...Now might be a good time to tell him."

She thought for a few minutes before shrugging wordlessly. I sighed and Owen shot me a look. He placed a gentle hand on my shoulder and I lifted my hand to rest it over his. He kissed the back of my head and walked back over to talk to Natalie. Matthew was texting on his phone casually and AJ was now lost in thought. I started to tune my guitar until the red light went off and we were announced. We all quickly scurried to the stage behind the curtain.

"-band that made it with their two hit singles; here's Our Melting Pot!" The host cried out excitedly. I could see the cameras switch over to us. I waved somewhat shyly at the camera.

"Hey guys. We're Our Melting Pot and this is our second single Everything."

I glanced back at my band to make sure everyone was ready. Once I got the all clear I turned back to the camera and smiled. I could feel my cheeks heat up a little. I just know Percy's going to make fun of me. I smiled a little brighter just thinking of my Seaweed Brain.

"You're a falling star, you're the getaway car.
You're the line in the sand when I go too far.
You're the swimming pool, on an August day.
And you're the perfect thing to say."

I paced the stage, a coy smile on my face. I could hear a few whistles in the crowd.

And you play it coy but it's kinda cute.
Ah, when you smile at me you know exactly what you do.
Baby don't pretend that you don't know it's true.
'cause you can see it when I look at you.

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything."

I remember Percy's face when I first sang this song to him. He knew once again it was because of him. He really is my everything. I never thought I'd find love in someone like him. But I did and I've never been happier; my life is perfect.

"You're a carousel, you're a wishing well,
And you light me up, when you ring my bell.
You're a mystery, you're from outer space,
You're every minute of my everyday."

And I can't believe, uh that you're my man,
And I get to kiss you baby just because I can.
Whatever comes our way, ah we'll see it through,
And you know that's what our love can do.

So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.
You're every song, and I sing along.
'Cause you're my everything.
Yeah, yeah

So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la"

When the notes ended we all gave a wave to the camera before it zoomed back over to the host. With a perky smile she thanked us and resumed her show.